This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Shadow Border Collie Mix Brewster, NY
- Black, White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
*Adoption requirements: adopter must be 25 or older
Shadow was taken in by a very kind husband and wife, in a rural area of Texas, where there is no help for homeless animals. With there being no local animal shelter, The couple took in over 40 dogs to keep them from starving on the streets. When the husband passed away and his wife fell ill, SNARR NE was asked to help out with the placement of the dogs.
Shadow is a fun loving boy who loves the water. He is medium/high energy and loves to run and play. He gets along with all of the dogs he has met and has a pretty submissive personality. He will gently bite to play so no young kids. Shadow does require a fully fenced in yard because he will escape to go prowl if he is able to. Shadow is crate trained. He is a very sweet boy and loves to receive attention but is also okay taking a spot in the yard by himself. He will need to be properly leash trained but after that would likely make a great jogging partner. He will make a great companion for someone who is active and enjoys time outside.
IMPORTANT: This dog has not yet been altered. For any dog or puppy that is not able to be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, SNARR requires a $125 deposit in addition to your adoption fee, as well as a signed Spay/Neuter Contract stating you will have this dog altered within 6 months of adoption. The $125 deposit will be returned once the contract has been fulfilled.
To apply to adopt this dog, visit www.snarrnortheast.org/applications and submit an application.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between the breed that is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary
Ask About Shadow
- Border Collie
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Border Collie