This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Roxy Boxer Texarkana, TX
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
- Prefers a home without
- Cats, children, other animals. not for birds or livestock.
- Adoption fee
* 7/1/19- Vet recommended changing her food to see if it helps the diarrhea. She is now back on Royal Canin Boxer Puppy (30 lbs for $70).
* 7/4/19- ROXY has had 3 more allergic reactions to some kind of bug bites. This time huge welts all over her body but not her head and neck and itching, She gets liquid Benadryl and Pepcid. She is not showing allergy reaction to grass, weeds, dust, etc,. She doesn't want to eat after these reactions for a day or two and gets diarrhea, so trying to figure this out to get her consistent.
* 5/29/18- ROXY had another bad allergic reaction from bee/wasp/fire ants. We are not sure what stung her as no evidence. We used liquid Benadryl and Pepcid and watched her for several hours. Her eyes and mouth were swollen and big welts all over her and itching. We didn't have to go to the Vet this time.
* 4/20/18- ROXY is 7 months old, DOB 9/18/18, and 40 lbs.. She has been in a Foster home since 2/20/19 at 5 months old with Boxers and we are working on lot of behaviors. She is brindle on one side and one leg and the other side and other leg is fawn and brindle. She is the cutest gal and a sweetie with a sassy rough side. She was an owner surrender, due to being defiant and too rough on the young grandkids and adults. We got her spayed, up to date on shots/rabies, microchipped, fecal/heartworm negative, and takes monthly heartworm prevention.
Her best buddy is 2 year old ASTRO (deaf and up for adoption). They play hard and it helps expend her high energy. Astro doesn't get mad with her when she is too rough. She has several Boxers in her home she plays with and cuddles with on her down time. She does growl and bark very loud. *She needs a large friendly male dog in her new home to be her playmate and buddy. She needs non dominant dogs who don't mind her in their face or on top of them as she gets to know them and matures. She has to EXPEND her energy.
If she sees dogs or kids at the Vet or PetsMart, she lunges and jumps at them no matter the size of the dogs or ages of the kids. She was surrendered due to not good with kids. She does jump up on people when excited. She needs more socialization outside of her Foster Home. **No kids or grandkids, No cats, and No little dogs to help her have success transitioning into her Forever Home. Possibly may work with much older experienced teenagers. She would have to be close enough to meet them and transition to see how she does. She may settle down in the right home, but she is still a rough puppy!
She is crate trained in a plastic crate. She has to be crated when you are not home or very destructive. She will sleep all night in her crate. She is very excited when she gets out of her crate and rough. Roxy is a growing puppy, very active, strong, and needs supervision indoors and outdoors as she is a chewer and quick. She is potty trained, but she will still poop in the house if she is too busy outside playing and not given enough time. We are still working on this. Home and yard need to be doggie safe. Adopter needs to be physically able to handle an active Boxer and have Boxer experience with behavior issues using "positive reinforcement". She needs more continued training.
She is very smart and knows sit, down, shake, stay, leave it, and no, and has been to lessons at PetsMart. She is all Boxer puppy with rough play, very curious, smart, loving, stubborn, sweet, gives kisses, crawls in your lap, defiant if it not something she wants to do (like come in or stop digging, etc.), and is a chewer, especially if she gets bored. She loves toys and balls that need to be safe and tough. Her favorite toy is a Babble Ball. She will dig holes in the yard.
She got stung by a bee and went immediately to the Vet after giving her Benadryl. Her eyes were swollen shut, mouth, head, throat were huge, welts all over and trouble breathing. Vet gave her a shot and we gave her more Benadryl and she responded well. Need to have liquid Benadryl ready. She is heat sensitive and doesn't take much to get her overheated, so have to watch her outside with temps and humidity.
She doesn't like getting her nails cut or dremeled and will try to bite and screech. She does best with an Easy Walk Harness as she gets scared outside of the Foster Home with loud noises or movement and can squirm out of her collar if not tight enough. We use a double clip leash and clip her collar and harness for double safety and control. Needs the right secure harness as some she slips out of. You have to have secure hold on her outside of the fenced in yard as "will run off".
**We are looking for the right home with the love, attention, exercise, and continued training that she needs to be the best Boxer. She is used to both homes having someone at home and has been crated 4-5 hours at a time. She does come out on very high energy and takes awhile to settle down to potty. She is house trained but will have a few accidents if not monitored and given enough time as gets too busy playing and sniffing around.
Interested in Adopting? Please go to BoxerRescueOfTexarkana.com to How to Adopt for our Requirements and online Adoption Application. Do not complete the app if you do not meet requirements. Adoption fee is $300.
We adopt in AR, TX, LA and OK in areas where we have support. Please let us know if you are out of this area and where you are located to see if we could consider your area.
Ask About Roxy
Boxer Rescue of Texarkana
Have an account?