This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Rowan Labrador Retriever Mix Kansas CIty, KS
- Red / Chestnut / Orange
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
• He was brought to us by Kansas City Animal Services after being picked up as an injured stray. Tragically, his back leg was injured beyond repair and had to be amputated.
• Rowan's estimated DOB is 05/01/2019 and he weighs 35 pounds.
• Rowan is getting around great as a tripawd!!
• Unfortunately, Rowan also tested positive for heartworms and he is currently in the pre-treatment phase on medication and will get his first treatment on 7/12/21, after which he will need 2-3 months of limited activity to keep his heart rate low.
• Rowan can be a bit shy at first around new people and may initially keep his distance, but he is won over with patience and treats and it doesn’t take long to win his trust.
• He is a very fun and frisky boy who is also dog friendly & he would prefer having a doggy friend in his forever home (current BFF is Nilly).
• Due to his initial shyness, he would do best in a home that wasn’t as busy and without small kids.
• Rowan is also not a big fan of being kenneled and may bark or pant initially but after a bit he settles down nicely and keeps a clean kennel.
• He’s been neutered, vaccinated and microchipped and would make a great lil buddy for someone looking for a new best friend!
MORE ON ADOPTING OUR DOGS...
> COVID-19 UPDATE: PLEASE SUBMIT AN ONLINE ADOPTION APPLICATION AND A MEMBER OF OUR ADOPTIONS TEAM WILL REACH OUT TO YOU. Please visit our web site at HSGKC.ORG for an adoption application, our current COVID-19 adoption protocol, and other adoption info.
> If you decide you'd like to adopt one of the pets you meet, we reserve the pet for you but we generally don't send the pet home with you that day. We’ll instead schedule a pick up date and time that’s convenient for you.
> Our goal is to send you home with a healthy pet and any information and support you may need to help your new pet adjust to his or her new home. All of our dogs & puppies have been spayed or neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, dewormed, treated for fleas & ticks, tested for heartworms (7 mo. and over), and are on monthly heartworm preventative. Puppies who are too young to receive all the necessary puppy boosters and/or first rabies shot may be brought back to us for those vaccines at no extra charge. You will also receive a leash, collar, coupons for pet supplies and services, toys, and educational materials. And we'll give your dog a bath before he or she goes home!
> Please note that we prefer and may require a fenced yard for many of our dogs. Exceptions are made on an individual basis depending on the dog's needs, the person's dog experience, the dog's and person's activity levels, home environment and other factors.
Thank you for searching for a shelter pet!
Dog Adoption Contact Info:
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Labrador Retriever