This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Roscoe Mixed Breed Fredericksburg, VA
- Black, White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
- Prefers a home without
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
I'm pretty awesome. Here are some reasons you'll want to take a chance on me:
1. I will make you feel loved. I like to be around my people and hang out with them.
2. I am a smart boy! I quickly learned to sit and take my treat gently. I lay down (most times) to get my leash on to go for a walk.
3. I will keep you active. I love walks and my foster mom says I'm a pretty good jogging buddy.
4. I will make you laugh! I can be silly when I'm playing.
5. I am great at doing my business outside!
But nobody's perfect and I'm working on some things. At times I can be unsure of some strangers I meet when I'm on my walk but I'll move along. I tend to jump when I'm excited but I'm learning "down" and that I won't get attention if I jump. I am making progress and am teachable!
I am looking for someone who:
* Will make sure I get exercise. I'm not saying you have to be an athlete, but I do love (and need) my daily walks!
* Has experience with dogs. I really want to be the best me. That means I need someone who doesn't mind being firm and setting expectations for me to achieve.
* Is looking for adoration and licks of appreciation for all you do for me!
Adoption donations are $250 for an adult, $350 for puppies (a dog under one year of age), and $125 for a senior dog (based on the age of the dog). All dogs are spay/neutered, have rabies, distemper vaccine, microchip, heartworm test if age appropriate, and are current on heartworm preventative. Adoption donations are accepted via cash or debit/credit card. There is a $5 fee to run a card.
Please remember to bring a collar and leash (non-retractable) with you the day of the adoption. Note: Martingale collars and slip leads are recommended.
Fill out an application online prior to arriving to our adoption event. This greatly speeds up the adoption process and will ensure that the animal you are interested in will be at the event. Not all adoptable dogs can make it to all events, because they are cared for in foster homes. Our adoption events are most Wednesday’s from 4-7pm and each Saturday from Noon until 4 PM on Saturday’s at 3602 Lafayette Blvd, Suite 102, Fredericksburg, VA 22408. There are circumstances that we will not have an adoption event, so please email or check our Facebook prior to coming to ensure we will be open.
We do receive HUNDREDS of emails daily. The fastest way to get a response is to fill out an application on our website, NOT by submitting an inquiry. Online applications get priority over applications filled out in person.
Visit our website for an application to adopt.
Please be patient. Old Dominion Humane Society is a volunteer based organization. We are run completely by volunteers, who also have full time jobs and families.
Like us on Facebook
www.facebook.com/OldDominionHumaneSociety and follow this dog's journey in finding a forever family.
Note: ODHS does adopt to Virginia, DC, and states that share a border with VA. There is a $50 additional fee for non-Virginia residents.