This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Rocky German Shepherd Dog Chesterfield, MO
- Black, Brown / Chocolate, Bicolor
- Playful, Loyal, Smart
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Rocky is house trained and is doing well in his foster's home. He's a bit unsure and barky about the other dogs in the home, but we believe this is something that could be managed/corrected with proper intros, a confident and tolerant fur sibling, and good leadership.
Rocky is doing well with his crate training in his foster home and loves working on his chews and toys to entertain himself.
At 7 months old and already 70 lbs, we expect he's going to be a big boy. Rocky is going to be a dog that bonds very strongly with his owner, so he will need someone to work on boundaries and socialization skills to prevent him from progressing with separation anxiety and social anxiety when in new situations.
When siblings stay together for as long as this crew did, we can see something called "littermate syndrome." The pups are very attached to each other, and that can interfere with their socialization with other dogs and with people. Rocky has been through some major life changes in the last few weeks, and the separation from his pack was a little tough, but we're finally starting to see this boy's true personality. He is looking for someone that understands he's still trying to figure this all out, and he's going to need some help along the way. Rocky has missed out on some of the key socialization bench marks for pups but he's a very nice dog, and once you're in his circle, he's your best bud for life.
***He can be reactive when meeting new people and dogs, and we will be seeking a home that will take him to training to work on this behavior. *** Plus, it'll be a great way for him to build a bond and trust in his new family!
If you've read the above and think he sounds like the perfect match, we'd love to talk with you more. His other siblings, Liam, and Gwen are also available but we are not looking to place them together.
Our Adoption Fees:
*Dogs and puppies 12 months old or younger: $400
* Adult dogs over 12 months of age: $350
* Senior dogs over 7 years of age qualify for our "Seniors FUREVER" program! Seniors are special to us, so we offer two options:
(1) If your heart has a special place for the seniors, you can adopt a senior dog for the regular adoption fee of $350 and this becomes a perpetual fee. You can adopt another SGSDR senior dog at any time from us in the future at NO CHARGE.
(2) If you aren't sure about your future adoption capacity, you may adopt your SGSDR senior dog for a reduced adoption fee of $250.
For more information on adopting a Serendipity dog, please visit our website at any of the following links:
Visit us on Facebook for regular updates on all of our program dogs! https://www.facebook.com/SGSDR/
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- German Shepherd Dog