This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Loving, Calm, Sweet
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Prefers a home without
- Other dogs, cats, children.
- Adoption fee
Meet Mr. Rogers
Please read our explanation below.
He is about 5-6 years old, 12lbs, and Border terrier/Chi mix. We do not know what has happened to him in his past life but this is what we do know.
- He takes a bit to warm up to you. His foster has had him for about 5 months and it took about 2-3 months for him to really warm up to her and about 3-4 months for him to warm up to her sister (who lives with her).
- Mr. Rogers does not like guests that enter his home. He’s never lived in a home before so he protects it when someone he doesn’t know comes in. His potential adopter will have to be someone who doesn’t have guests coming in and out of their home often and when they do, he will need to be crated.
- Mr. Rogers is VERY food/treat motivated and putting him in a crate/pen is very easy and if he has stuff to chew on in there, he’ll be VERY happy!
- He’s a rule follower. He will tell you when he needs to go on walks by walking to the door and wags his tail and even cries a little bit. He will even help you put his harness on to walk around. He does not pull and walks happily on a leash.
Why only dog?
Yes, Mr. Rogers lives in a home with another dog and sometimes a puppy. He is completely fine with other dogs. However, what he loves the most is human attention and affection therefore if he does not get what he wants he will go and be destructive. We feel that giving him the role of a home’s only dog will make him happier and lessen his anxiety. He has permanent neck scar from a collar that was placed on him too tightly so we figure he deserves all of the love from his new home.
Mr. Rogers is vegetarian/vegan. This is a vet recommended nonnegotiable diet (Natural Balance Vegetarian Formula).
His foster spent the first 3 months with him trying ever diet under the sun to come to this conclusion. She has also tried every type of high quality food brand (Nulo, Acana, Orjien, Wellness… etc.) with the same results. Mr. Rogers is allergic to every type of meat. The food runs RIGHT though him causing a lot of unnecessary stomach pain and suffering on his part.
His treats are vegetarian and his most favorite snack is carrots with peanut butter on them.
Mr. Rogers is a very loyal dog and a great companion to someone who is willing to give him some time to adjust. As you can see from a lot of our posts, he will let you do anything to him as long as you love him and give him your attention.
Location: Houston, TX
IN-STATE ADOPTION ONLY
If you’re interested in meeting Mr. Rogers please fill out an adoption application:
Ask About Mr. Rogers
- Border Terrier
Love and Rescue