This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Mowgli Australian Cattle Dog / Blue Heeler Worcester, MA
- Red / Chestnut / Orange
- , Friendly, Affectionate
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Prefers a home without
- Other dogs, children.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
My name is Mowgli and I’m in search of an imperfect human. Qualifications are simple. Ready?
An adult human with a sense of adventure and a penchant for solving puzzles. Must also be sensitive, thoughtful, and have a sense of humor. Oh and some faults so we have something to share and talk about.
I’m an almost 8 year old, 55ish lb male who has a couple of flaws, though I like to call them a test of your character. So, are you up for a challenge? Here we go!
Do you find leash walks boring? I’ll help spice things up a bit. You see, I am what I like to call a “frustrated greeter” when it comes to other dogs. I want to greet and sniff at my leisure and don’t like being rushed or told no. So I get a little impertinent, hence the bling called a muzzle. Don’t worry, I only get fresh with other dogs. But because of this imperfection in my otherwise sweet character, I need a human who can work with me through it. So if you’re someone who loves dog parks and large doggie socials, then I’m not your guy.
I have one other tiny thing and that is I’m super sensitive to movement. Unexpected movement or loud sounds scare me and I’ll run away. I recover quickly but this is why I prefer the quiet life. No busy cities or hectic homes for me.
I currently live with a dog but honestly, I prefer my human all to myself. Cattle dogs = Velcro. I’m still not completely comfortable sharing tight spaces with my kind and can get grumpy. I will require a lot of management if around another dog. And that other dog will have to be VERY tolerant of my rudeness (no understanding of personal space) and be completely non-reactive with a laid back attitude. My foster sister wants me to tell you she is something called an Angel? Anyway, I will have to meet my future dog brother or sister for a couple of meet and greets to see if we are compatible. And the human(s) will have to pass my foster mom’s scrutiny. She’s tough, she doesn’t let me get away with anything!
Onto the fun stuff! Here’s a list of my irresistible charms!
1. Lapdog. Mo lives to cuddle with his person. Personal space is not in his vocabulary. Warning: your face may be mistaken for a lap.
2. Professional Kisser. Be prepared to drown in kisses...and to have your sinuses and tonsils cleaned. Don’t ask.
3. Velcro. You will never be alone again. Bathroom time is meant to be shared.
4. Laughmaker. Mo knows how to bring on the giggles. Watching a dog carry around his fluffy bed always does it for me.
5. Backseat driver. You will feel his judgement of your driving skills as he sits between the seats, staring forward at the road...then at you. He does reward good driving. See #2.
6. Obedient. As long as you have treats. Uh, next one....
7. Patient. Oops, how did this one get on the list.
8. Dreamy eyes. Mo has the most expressive and loving eyes when he stares at you...and not just when you have food.
9. Part Italian. Big talker with his hands...paws. As an Italian, I can always recognize a kindred spirit.
10. Pure Love. This boy loves with his whole body and soul. He doesn’t hold back.
Mowgli is neutered, up to date on vaccines, current on heartworm and flea/tick prevention, and is microchipped.
Mo needs a home with no cats and no children, older teens are ok.
For more updates, photos, and videos, please visit my foster page at https://www.facebook.com/MeetMyRescueFosters.
Mowgli is being fostered in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Questions? Email email@example.com
If you think Mowgli would make a great addition to your home, complete an application here: https://www.acdra.org/adoption-application
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Australian Cattle Dog / Blue Heeler