This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Meiko COURTESY LISTING Jindo Portland, OR
- White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
- Prefers a home without
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Meiko COURTESY LISTING
If you have any questions, please email the address at the end of these notes.
He is located in Portland, Oregon.
1. Age and weight 5y/o, 55lbs
2. Spayed/Neutered or not YES
3. Vaccination status (rabies, DHLPP etc) FULLY VACCINATED
4. Being wormed/flea/tick treated monthly? YES
5. Any medical issues (when did he/she last have a vet check up?) LAST CHECK UP DURING 2022, NO MEDICAL ISSUES
6. How does he/she behave around men/women/children/strangers/people on the street/other animals. LARGELY IGNORES OTHERS ON WALKS, VERY FEARFUL OF STRANGERS IN OR NEAR OUR HOME AND BARKS A LOT
7. Normal daily routine (food/exercise) EATS ONCE PER DAY IN THE EVENING, goes out a few times per day, likes a walk in the evening
8. Indoor or outdoor dog? (or both) INDOOR
9. Level of training (what commands does he/she know/how does he/she walk on leash/reaction to seeing other dogs when on leash). Know sit, stay, leave it, touch, eat, scoot. Very well behaved on leash, fearful and barks if approached by people or dogs while on leash
10. Any particular likes/dislikes (how is he/she about being handled/petted – any sensitive areas, like ears, feet etc.). Does not like belly rubs or being touched while lying down. Likes to be petted on the face and neck if he approaches you first.
11. How does he/she react to riding in the car/going to the vet/can he/she be lifted. Cannot be lifted but will jump in. Enjoys car rides but gets car sick. We give him Cerenia before car rides.
12. Has he/she ever bitten any other animals/people? If so, what was the severity and was medical action needed? No.
13. Any separation anxiety issues or other behavioural issues? Very protective of high value treats like pig ears and will growl, snarl, and snap. Will give a warning snap at children who run at him or anyone who touches him when he’s sleeping. Should only pet him when he approaches you.
14. Where did you obtain the dog from and why are you attempting to rehome the dog now? How long have you owned the dog? We got Meiko from Northwoods Humane Society in Minnesota in 2019. We are rehoming him because he is afraid of our toddler and has snapped at her.
15. Have you contacted any other rescues for assistance? Yes, all others in our area are not accepting surrenders.
16. What are the best methods of contact for people interested in either fostering or adopting your dog? Phone (406)241-6027 or email email@example.com
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
Meiko COURTESY LISTING