This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Max Shepherd Mix Hopkinton, MA
- Black, Yellow / Tan / Blond / Fawn
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
- Prefers a home without
- Cats, children, other animals. Small, prey-like animals.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
His foster says, "Max is a good dog who is smart and good health. He knows his name and some basic cues like here, sit, leave it, etc. He likes to be near people, but isn't much of a cuddler. He enjoys toys and will play fetch. Max has a high prey drive and enjoys spending time in the yard watching and chasing animals. He would love a home where he can have a doggy door to go in and out as he pleases. However, the yard should be securely fenced as he has jumped our four foot fence in pursuit of a bunny before. Max is medium energy and does well with three, 20-30 minute walks a day, or two if he has a playdate/group play. He walks pretty well on leash as long as he's on a front-clip harness.
Max plays nicely with other dogs, but can sometimes get too frisky with little pups, likely due to his prey drive. He is best suited to live in a cat free home since he tends to get over-excited and chase his feline friends. Younger children make him fearful, typically when startled (like being abruptly woken up). He is generally fine with meeting and interacting with kids that have good dog etiquette, but does not want to be hugged, crowded, or chased. He gives proper warnings when a child is doing too much and making him nervous, such as running away, growling, etc.
We think Max would do best in a home with active owners who understand dogs with high prey drives, will continue his training, and will give him plenty of outdoor time. His forever home should be without young, unpredictable children and other small pets."
He is available for direct adoption with an approved adopter by appointment. Please fill out an application at www.browndogcoalition.com/adoption.
- Please thoughtfully discuss with your entire household the physical, financial, and emotional responsibilities of a puppy/dog BEFORE applying to adopt.
- Our adoption process has been adapted for social distancing and may be different for every dog. Please fill out an application, and we will explain that dog's process as needed.
- Puppies/dogs may not be given as gifts or surprises.
- More information about our adoption process, application and adoption fee can be found at browndogcoalition.co
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…