This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Lucia Black and Tan Coonhound Cincinnati, OH
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
When Lucia first arrived at STAF she was afraid of her own shadow. Sadly she had not been exposed to so many things in life, but from the minute we met her we knew sweet Lucia was a diamond in the rough. With time, patience and understanding Lucia would blossom into the loving, trusting and fun-loving dog we knew was there just beneath the surface.
First we made sure to work on Lucia’s health issues which are now healed and she has a clean bill of health.
Next we needed to find Lucia canine friends who would help build her confidence and help teach her to trust. Shout-out to our friends at The Pet Spot, Red Dog Pet Resort and Redleg Pet Services, where Luca gets ongoing socialization in doggy daycare.
Finally, we knew we had to have Lucia involved with one of our volunteers who has worked her magic before with our frightened and fragile dogs. This volunteer has been taking Lucia into her home, exposing her to everyday life (including playing with her dog and cat), and working with Lucia and her little quirks all the while building Lucia’s confidence. This volunteer has been rewarded with plenty of snuggles and kisses. Watch Lucia’s ears flip-flop while having a blast racing around the volunteer’s yard:)
Lucia has come so far since first arriving at STAF. She most likely lived most of her life outdoors but is now nearly perfect with her house training:)! It will take a little time for a home to earn Lucia’s trust. With that we know that Lucia will need a home that has another dog to help Lucia to continue to build her confidence, a securely fenced yard and home that is patient, kind and willing to work with a lovely little dog named Lucia, who will thank you with her eyes and her kisses for the rest of her life.
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions; we ask that you return for a follow-up visit before taking an animal home.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Invisible fences: Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we cannot adopt to homes with invisible fences unless otherwise noted in a dog’s profile.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Please visit www.STAF.org for visiting hours, a downloadable application, and additional information.
Ask About Lucia
- Black and Tan Coonhound
Save the Animals Foundation
Have an account?