This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Little G - ADOPTED!
- Chihuahua & Terrier Mix
- Chihuahua & Terrier Mix
- Redmond, WA
- Yellow / Tan / Blond / Fawn
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Meet Little G - ADOPTED!
** ADOPTED ** Thank you to everyone who wanted to provide Little G with a loving home! Unless otherwise requested, any adoption applications we received will be kept on file for future adoption consideration.
Click on this link: Little G plays for an additional video of Little G playing with a dog named Jasmine!
• Name: Little G
• Age/Gender: Baby, born 6/6/11, Male
• Breed: Chihuahua/Terrier mix
• Temperment: Playful, dominant to his brother, energetic
• Weight: ~4-5 lbs
• House Training: Little G is a baby so he will definitely need continued housetraining; a consistent schedule will be key! He is doing pretty well so far, very rare accidents when left too long in the crate (so not his fault). He does well through the night and with a routine.
• Crate Training: He's doing well, he sleeps through the night.
• Other Dogs: He will be fine with continued socialization. He likes to play a lot and we're asking that he be adopted into a family with another dog so he can have a role model/companion!
• Cats: He will be fine with proper introductions, training and socialization
• Children: Dog-respectful children, 8 and older
• Adoption Donation: $425
• Health: Little G is healthy! He is neutered, microchipped, flea treated, dewormed, and is current on vaccines. Your adoption donation goes toward the cost of this vet care as well as transportation and general care costs. In addition, all pets adopted from Motley Zoo come with 30 days of free pet insurance provided by Shelter Care.
History: Little G, his brother and his mother were all surrendered when their former family could no longer care for them all. Motley Zoo Animal Rescue was asked to find him a great forever family and that is exactly what we plan to do!
Notes from Little G's Foster Home: Little G is a fun little guy with a lot of sprirt. He was dominant to his brother even though he's slightly smaller- but he does well in groups of dogs of varying status, and likes to engage in play. He is very smart, he picks up on new things quickly (how to get up stairs, down stairs, places to hide when playing). He is always excited to see humans and loves to play and wrestle with his brother or another pup. We do prefer for him, at this point, to go to a family with another dog to grow up with and learn from. As he is young, he will need continued training, but he will be a great family pet!!
Regarding housetraining, Little G is consistenty going outside but if you wait too long, he will start to go inside (typical puppy) so you have to be proactive. He goes everytime you take him out, although he dawdles a bit with #2 but if you wait, he will do it. You can tell when he needs to because he runs in circles and has very obvious cues that he's going to go so if you're patient, he will do what he's supposed to do.
Little G is getting better on the leash and he is mastering stairs. He is also listening to commands better. He sits pretty well, but not necessarily on command - it's kind of his go to position. He still jumps up a little so continued training will be needed. Overall, he definitely still has many puppy traits so he will need dedication and training from his forever family - but for the time and effort you put in while he is young, he will reward you by being a wonderful family pet!
All dogs adopted from Motley Zoo come with a leash and either a Martingale collar or a harness, depending on each dog's particular needs.
Welcome to Motley Zoo Animal Rescue. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit animal rescue organization that is run entirely by volunteers. Motley Zoo does not have a brick and mortar shelter location. Instead, all our rescue animals are cared for in private foster homes where the animals receive one-on-one care and attention in a home environment until permanent placement is found. Please email email@example.com and request an adoption application and we will work toward approving you as an adopter with our rescue so that we can set a time for you to meet! For more information, please visit www.motleyzoo.org.
Thank you for considering adopting a dog in need!
The Motley Zoo Crew