Main Content Skip carousel of pet photos and or videos
Adopted

Leo Terrier Mix Worcester, MA

  • Senior
  • Male
  • Small
  • Brown / Chocolate

About

Coat length
Short
House-trained
Yes
Health
Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Prefers a home without
Other dogs, cats, children, other animals. None.

Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.

Meet Leo

Leo is a 14-year-old terrier mix who is 25 pounds of stinkin’ adorable who will give the right person a LOT of love. Leo loves to be outside, and once inside he appreciates a snuggle while watching TV, or while his person is on the computer. He buries himself under the bed covers, and can help keep you warm on a New England winter night.

Leo needs a quiet, calm home with a structured routine. New people scare him, so a home without a stream of people coming and going will be best. Leo is currently working on crate training to help him feel safer when strangers come over, or there are loud sounds, like a vacuum cleaner. You can have visitors, however you and Leo will both be happier if he is not forced to interact with them until HE’S ready. Leo gets very scared when new people or dogs are in the house, and this fear often manifests as aggression. A crate, or room of his own, to make him feel safe will be the best way to help Leo with this anxiety.

For a 14-year-old dog, Leo has so much energy! He loves to play fetch with his person, and jump through the snow! Leo is smart and has succeeded in getting under the fence so will need supervision in the yard. Leo is not good at dog parks as he is VERY selective about meeting new dogs. A home without other pets will be best for Leo; he wants to be the one and only in the household.
Leo needs an owner who has dog training experience or is willing to work with a trainer to help him feel more relaxed, confident and continue learning. Leo is incredibly smart: he is already learning to sit outside the kitchen while his foster mom cooks, to walk nicely on a leash instead of pulling, and to ride in a car without getting nervous, so this old dog IS learning new tricks!!!

Leo has just started a new food to help support his kidney health, which is the only thing the vet has said he needs at this time to stay healthy and active. He is neutered, up to date on all vaccines, negative for Heartworm and Lyme diseases, and microchipped.

Leo is such a sweetheart and 80% of your time will be loving, walking, and hanging out with Leo. The other 20% of training and helping him feel secure in scary situations will totally be worth your while. Leo is so loyal and will be your partner in crime very day.

If you are interested in finding out more about Leo, please fill out an adoption application by copying and pasting the following link into your browser:

http://bit.ly/2JnZqK5

Leo is being fostered in Worcester.

The adoption fee is $300.

Like Broken Tail Rescue on Facebook!.

Follow Broken Tail Rescue on Instagram!


Visual breed identification in dogs is unreliable, so for most of the dogs we are only guessing at predominant breed or breed mix. We get to know each dog as an individual and will do our best to describe each of our dogs based on personality, not by breed label.

We expect that all adopted dogs will enroll in a formal dog training class with their new owners. Obedience and training classes are an excellent way to learn more about your newly adopted dog, gain handling and training experience, and improve your relationship with your pet.

Broken Tail Rescue

Worcester, MA
  • Location Address

    PO Box 60296
    Worcester, MA 01606

  • day hours
    Monday 6–8 pm
    Tuesday 5:30–7 pm
    Wednesday 5–7 pm
    Thursday 6–8 pm
    Friday 5–7 pm
    Saturday 10 am–5 pm
    Sunday 12–2 pm, 4–5:30 pm
More about Broken Tail Rescue

Recommended Content

Recommended Pets

Recommended Pets

Leo

Leo

  • Terrier
  • Senior
  • Male