This is a carousel of images and or videos of this pet. Press the S key to skip past this carousel. Use the arrow keys to navigate between the different images and videos. Press the F key to activate a fullscreen carousel.
- Poodle & Pomeranian Mix
- Poodle & Pomeranian Mix
- Mukwonago, WI
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
Approximate Age: 7 yr
Weight: 12 lb
Adoption Fee: $375
Why in Rescue: Former Puppy Mill Dog
General Profile: Please fill out the adoption application at http://www.bichonrescues.com/pre-adoption-form-dog if you are interested in meeting one of our dogs.
Lamby came from a commercial breeding facility when the breeder was no longer going to breed her. She came to us extremely scared and unsocialized. Throughout the months we have worked with her so she is now able to be walked a bit on a leash to get her to the outside kennel runs for her outside time. She is still not real comfortable with being handled and petted. She is good however for getting her haircut. She would do well in a home with another dog with a family that isn't going to expect a lot from her. She will progress to be the best she can be with lots of time and patience. She is a girl that is more dog orientated than human focused. She probably has never lived in a home, and will need work with housetraining. She is going to need a home with a securely fenced yard so she doesn't need to be walked on a leash to go potty. We do our best to evaluate the dogs while they are with us, but they sometimes act different in the shelter environment than they do in a home. If you are interested in any of our dogs, please fill out the pre-adoption application and we will set up a time for you to come and meet them.
If considering adopting a former breeding dog, the following article is good to read to help you understand the special needs these dogs may have. http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/adopting-puppy-mill-dog
1. Completely fill out the pre-adoption application at http://www.bichonrescues.com/pre-adoption-form-dog. We will be checking with your vet if you have had pets, calling your landlord (if any) and checking a personal reference, before we contact you about visiting the adoptables. Any missing information may have us moving onto another application.
2. If you application is approved, we will contact you to come meet the adoptables that you are interested in.
3. If it is a match, you will complete the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee. Please be prepared to take your adopted pet home when you come meet him/her. In most cases, you will be able to take the pet home the same day. If all the vetting hasn't been done yet, we will hold the pet for you until the vet work is completed.
4. If you have filled out an application and we haven't contacted you within a week, we may have missed your application, the pet may have been adopted by another applicant, or you may have been missing information on your application. You may contact us to find out the status of your application at this time. Please give us a week to process your application before contacting us!
The adoption fee through Bichon and Little Buddies Rescue is $150 - $475 depending on the age of the dog, which includes Wi State Sales Tax. Included in this fee is your new companion who will be spayed/neutered, have a current Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (as required by state law), current on age appropriate vaccinations, heartworm tested and started on preventative, microchipped, and dewormed. Other medical needs will also have been taken care of, such as dentals and treating ear infections.
To assist you and your new pet in adjusting to life together, you will also receive an 8 week age appropriate obedience training course at For Pet's Sake Dog Training for $50 (up to $200 value). You may opt to take Puppy Kindergarten, Adult Beginners, Small Dogs Big Hearts, or Shy & Reactive Dog Class. You must start the class within 90 days of adoption for the reduced fee. For more information on the classes visit www.forpetssake.cc
All dogs are seen BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Many are in various foster homes getting extra one on one attention getting them ready for their new homes. The first step in adoption is filling out the pre-adoption application. Bichon and Little Buddies is run by volunteers who have full time jobs in addition to the hours they spend with the rescue dogs. Having an application on file assures us that the potential adopter is really interested in adopting a dog. It also assists us in placing dogs in homes where both the dog and new owners are happy. The application puts you under no obligation to adopt a dog from Bichon and Little Buddies.
The Dog Pre-Adoption Application can be found at http://www.bichonrescues.com/pre-adoption-form-dog
Thanks for thinking about adopting your new pet! 2/21/18 6:47 PM