This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
*Age: 3.5 years
*Current Weight: 42 pounds
*Rescued from: Texas
*Adoption fee: $475
*Health: up to date on required vaccines
*Adoption requirements: adopter must be 25 or older
Katie was taken in by a very kind husband and wife, in a rural area of Texas, where there is no help for homeless animals. With there being no local animal shelter, The couple took in over 40 dogs to keep them from starving on the streets. When the husband passed away and his wife fell ill, SNARR NE was asked to help out with the placement of the dogs.
Katie is an adorable and sweet 42 pound lab mix who wants nothing more than to shower you with LOVE! Katie is a little scared when meeting new people, but she warms up quickly. Katie is great with other dogs and loves to play with her canine companions. And she loves to play in her foster family's doggie sandbox! She is definitely 100% crate trained, and she is house trained as well. Katie is doing a great job learning to walk on a leash and is making great strides! Katie is such a great girl and will be the perfect addition to any family who is patient and ready to help her learn to be the happy and loving dog she is meant to be! We are only seeking a home with another friendly dog for Katie. Her fur sibling does not need to be a puppy, but another dog that is middle aged or younger that is still willing to engage in at least occasional spurts of play.
To apply to adopt Katie, fill out an application at https://snarrnortheast.org/adopt/.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at https://snarrnortheast.org/adopt/. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Labrador Retriever