This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Karmah Boxer & Anatolian Shepherd Mix Cincinnati, OH
- Brown / Chocolate , White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
At the time of this writing, Karmah weighs in at 38 pounds. We guess that she will top out between 50-60#. She is growing by leaps and bounds in other ways … Just ask and she’ll proudly show off her sit! She is brand new to this whole walking-on-leash thing, but even in the short time she has been with us we have seen great improvement. This wonderful world is still new to her, and she is gaining confidence with every outing, as described by one of our volunteers:
“On the walk to the park, she was very frightened of the traffic and shaking with fear. Once there, she blossomed with every step as she began to realize this was a pretty fun place to be! Her tail started wagging and she bravely began to walk out in front of me, looking back here and there to make sure all was well. She liked the other dogs, and was very calm and timid meeting them. Karmah was shy with a big burly man we passed, but he got down on one knee and she snuggled up to him and was giving him kisses instantly. This little one is making progress with every new experience!”
Here at STAF, we are big believers in Karmah … and we know that this girl was born to make some lucky family complete. That family (unlike her last) should be prepared to provide her with plenty of exercise, some basic training and, ideally, a fenced yard for long games of fetch. (Her favorite if a human is handy. Otherwise, Karmah is a wonderful self-entertainer. Especially with a good squeaky toy to keep her company!) In return, Karmah will reward you with world-class cuddles (girl’s got *serious* snuggle skills!), lots of laughs (courtesy of her goofball boxer-genes) and bottomless gratitude.
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions; we ask that you return for a follow-up visit before taking an animal home.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Invisible fences: Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we cannot adopt to homes with invisible fences unless otherwise noted in a dog’s profile.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Please visit www.STAF.org for visiting hours, a downloadable application, and additional information.
Ask About Karmah
- Brown / Chocolate
Save the Animals Foundation
Have an account?