This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Joey Treeing Walker Coonhound Cincinnati, OH
- Tricolor (Brown, Black, & White)
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats, children.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
When Joey's owner came looking for him, she admitted that she let him outside in her unfenced yard to go to the bathroom. She said he didn't like the leash, and that he usually didn't run away. Upon further discussion, she said that she was losing her home, had two small children to care for, and that she was unable to keep Joey.
She originally bought Joey off a farmer in southern Kentucky who was selling the 3-week-old pups in front of his farm.
Joey is wonderful with children, loves other dogs and cats too. He has typical puppy energy and loves to climb, chase tennis balls, chew on nylabones, and be carried around like he is a 10 pound dog. He is actually already 23+ pounds at only 13 or 14 weeks old ... on his way to being a big boy! (He has a lot of growing to do to catch up those his legs!)
Joey seems to be catching on to housebreaking. He doesn't love his crate. He has a high-pitched whimper when you initially leave him alone, but does settle and sleep through the night. Under the care of our volunteer, Joey has learned to walk on leash and go to the bathroom on leash without any problem.
He's a super sweet and absolutely adorable kid who should be a hit with a lot of families. Joey would probably love a home with a second dog to help him burn off his energy as well as keep him company. With his love of tennis balls (any balls actually) he would love a fenced yard as well.
Please check back for updates as we get to know Joey better. Visit STAF.org for more information on our adoption process. *** Email adoptadog@STAF.org for next steps! ***
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions. You will be asked to return for at least one follow-up visit, then take the dog home for a trial period before officially adopting.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we can not adopt to homes with invisible fences.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Treeing Walker Coonhound