This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Jacob Yellow Labrador Retriever Mix Cincinnati, OH
- Friendly, Playful, Athletic
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Jacob! Jacob is a young (1-2 year old) yellow lab mix who was found as a stray in Kentucky. When found, he was extremely underweight and unfortunately has been diagnosed as heartworm positive. Though he has already gained some much needed weight, we are looking to place Jacob in a foster-to-adopt home where he can undergo his heartworm treatments. He will need a calm home to undergo his treatment as it can be hard on his body as he recovers.
Despite all he has gone through, Jacob is a spunky young dog who loves to run around and play with other dogs, especially one in particular, Tula, also here at STAF, who he was fostered with and has become the best of friends with (as shown in photo below). Jacob also enjoys playing in water and taking a dip in the kiddie pool. Jacob is very friendly towards people as well and would make a great companion.
We will continue to update his profile as we learn more about Jacob!
***If you would like to meet Jacob, please visit STAF.org for more information on our adoption process, or email us at adoptadog@STAF.org for next steps. ***
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions. You will be asked to return for at least one follow-up visit, then take the dog home for a trial period before officially adopting.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we can not adopt to homes with invisible fences.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Yellow Labrador Retriever