This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Ivy German Shepherd Dog Chesterfield, MO
- Black, Yellow / Tan / Blond / Fawn
- Intense, Active, Young
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, special needs. Ivy has been diagnosed with congenital hydrocephalus, which means she has an excess of CSF fluid around the brain. This creates extra pressure on the brain and hinders the normal drainage of fluid. In Ivy's case, it causes her to circle in one direction occasionally, have a slight head tilt, and startle easier than other dogs might. She has some vision limitations, especially with depth perception and items up close. Ivy also has cerebellar hypoplasia, which causes uncoordinated movements - in her case she has a slightly exaggerated gait. Ivy does not currently require treatment for her condition, and it has not worsened in the time she's been with us. There is a small chance this may occur later in life, including the risk for seizure development. But at this time Ivy has a very good potential for a good quality of life with a family of her own!.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats.
- Prefers a home without
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Ivy is an active, very happy 1 yr old now. She loves playing up a storm with her foster GSD sisters (or any other dog willing to play with her!) and it doesn't stop her from eating like there's no tomorrow, either. Due to her condition her water intake does have to be limited somewhat, but we're happy to help explain all of that - definitely manageable!
Ivy is still ALL puppy, and still having to learn that sharp puppy teeth on human skin is a no-no. Her favorite thing in the world is to be a lap dog, and will cuddle for as long as you're happy to have a warm puppy in your lap! Her newly-discovered second favorite is puppy whips (whipped cream treats).
Ivy is up to date on her puppy shots for a few more months (until her 1 yr boosters) but does still need to be spayed, and that requirement will be included in her adoption contract.
Our Adoption Fees:
*Dogs and puppies 12 months old or younger: $400
* Adult dogs over 12 months of age: $350
* Senior dogs over 7 years of age qualify for our "Seniors FUREVER" program! Seniors are special to us, so we offer two options:
(1) If your heart has a special place for the seniors, you can adopt a senior dog for the regular adoption fee of $350 and this becomes a perpetual fee. You can adopt another SGSDR senior dog at any time from us in the future at NO CHARGE.
(2) If you aren't sure about your future adoption capacity, you may adopt your SGSDR senior dog for a reduced adoption fee of $250.
For more information on adopting a Serendipity dog, please visit our website at any of the following links:
Visit us on Facebook for regular updates on all of our program dogs! https://www.facebook.com/SGSDR/
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- German Shepherd Dog