This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Friendly, Affectionate, Curious, Playful, Smart, Loves kisses
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats, children.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Griff (ADOPTED!)
HOW TO ADOPT:
•Step 1: Submit an application through our website at http://palsplacerescue.org/adopt/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for our application in PDF or Word format. Be sure to fully complete the application and ensure contact information for your veterinarian (if you have current dogs/cats in the home or within the past five years) and/or landlords (if renting) is included. We do check vet references, and we do verify if dogs are allowed in rental units. Omitting this information will slow the application process down. Pal's Place has no shelter facility. All our dogs are in foster homes or boarding facilities while they await adoption. Dogs can be seen by appointment once the rescue has approved an application. Any information we know about our available dogs is listed in their bios below this information. Please read the dog's bio thoroughly, we will not respond to emailed questions regarding our dogs if the information is already provided in their bio.
• Step 2: A volunteer will do their best to respond to your application within 24-72 hours of submission to schedule a meeting if approved. WE CANNOT HOLD DOGS FOR ANY REASON. The sooner we place a dog into a loving forever home, the sooner we can bring another in desperate need of rescue into our program. Please do not apply unless you are ready to welcome a dog into your home within three days of applying. If you are expecting a response, please check your spam or junk folder, as correspondence from us may end up there. If you haven't received a response within 72 hours, please email Samantha@palsplacerescue.org to verify your application was received.
• Step 3: Meet the dog! All adults living in the home must be present at the time of your appointment. If all parties agree the dog is a good match for your home at the time of the visit, be prepared to take your new best friend home with you the same day. We send all our dogs home with a collar, a small bag of the food they have been eating, and their medical paperwork. An adoption contract and disclosure form will be completed at that time, and the adoption fee will be collected (each dog's individual fee is listed in the bio). Adoption fees can be paid via cash, check, Zelle, PayPal, or credit card via Stripe. In the case of litters of puppies, we can no longer hold a particular puppy for visits due to a huge increase in no-shows and last-minute cancelations of meet-and-greet appointments over the past several months. An effort is made to schedule visits with puppies in the order the approved applications were received. Most of our dogs are rescued from high-intake, high-kill shelters in Kentucky. We often have very little information about the dog's past before rescue. Breed and adult size are often educated guesstimates, and we cannot guarantee either.
Pal's Place would love to introduce an adorable group of seven precious and perfect pups searching for homes. They were rescued from an overburdened animal control facility in rural Kentucky and are now in a loving foster home in Chicago, waiting to meet their forever families. They are estimated to be between 10-12 weeks old (as of January 18), and all weigh between 7-10 pounds. We are anticipating an adult weight of 35-50 pounds. They appear to be Collie/Aussie mixes. However, both parents were most likely mixed breeds, so they are probably a combination of many breeds. The litter consists of five males (Griff, Gatsby, Geneva, Gimli, and Grover) and two females (Gracie and Georgia). They are friendly, social, curious, and happy puppies and will make first-rate companions! Given their breed type, we expect they will mature into high-energy, intelligent dogs that will do best with active families.
Puppies are adorable and fun but require a tremendous amount of time, patience, and energy during their first year or so.
Dogs this age and size need potty breaks every 2-3 hours, along with lots and lots of playtime and attention throughout the day. They will do best in homes where someone is home more often than not and with families prepared to take on crate training, housebreaking, and basic obedience training. Please consider if you truly have time for a puppy before applying, and please consult with all family members in the home before applying.
• Our Collie crew pups are spayed/neutered, up-to-date with age-appropriate vaccines, microchipped and started on flea and heartworm prevention. Their adoption fee to the rescue is $475. This fee helps to cover medical expenses needed to prepare dogs for adoption (vaccines, microchips, spay/neuter surgeries, etc.), feeding, transportation, and general care for the dogs. Pal's Place is 100% reliant on donations to care for our rescued dogs.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Australian Shepherd