This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
*Age: 1 year
*Current Weight: 60
*Rescued from: Texas
*Adoption fee: $375 (plus $125 spay/neuter deposit, which is refundable when spay/neuter agreement is fulfilled)
*Health: up to date on required vaccines. Riley is heartworm positive and slow kill heartworm treatment will be provided to adopter by SNARR.
This sweet boy was found running the country roads. It took lots of patience for he's savior to catch him and we are so glad she did. Forrest was extremely fearful of people at first. He was always very sweet but just scared. Although, Forrest is still very shy, he looks for attention from people. With a family that continues to build his confidence and provides a loving and positive environment, Forrest is going to thrive. Forrest is doing great with his leash skills and crate training. He loves bones to chew on and other dogs to play with. The best home of Forrest will have a fenced yard with another friendly canine to teach him how to live the good life. If you are looking for a super handsome, a bit shy but sweet as they come, then maybe our Forrest is a perfect match for your family.
Forrest was rescued from an area where there is an abundance of homeless dogs, and not a lot of shelter space for them to go while they wait for their forever homes. He will be arriving at SNARR's Adoption Center in Brewster, NY on February 27th ready for adoption! To apply to adopt Forrest, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
**Meet and greets will not be scheduled without an approved application.**
IMPORTANT: This dog has not yet been altered. For any dog or puppy that is not able to be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, SNARR requires a $125 deposit in addition to your adoption fee, as well as a strictly-enforced signed Spay/Neuter Contract stating you will have this dog altered within 6 months of adoption. The $125 deposit will be returned once the contract has been fulfilled.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- German Shepherd Dog