This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Dora American Staffordshire Terrier Long Beach, CA
- Gray / Blue / Silver, White / Cream
- Friendly, Affectionate, Gentle, Loyal, Quiet, Couch potato
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Dora is a gentle soul who just wants to be with her pack in a calm, happy, and peaceful household. Dora has some anxiety about being seprated from her people so she prefers to be with her pack whenever possible. Dora has been able to do this in foster because she's an excellent adventurer and is well behaved on trips about town (the store, Dr. visits, and lunching with friends to name a few). However, to be home alone, Dora will need someone who is willing to continue working with her. Someone that understands it will take time and consistency for her to understand they will always come back to her. This is something our team is fully prepared to help potential adopters work through. And trust us when we say, she'll be worth the effort.
Dora lives life to the fullest by lying on her bed all day and watching TV, making many of us envious with her ability to potato a couch. Bluey (an Australian cartoon about a Blue Heeler puppy) is her favorite show. However, she does not like Alien or Jaws. While we might not agree with her taste in shows, she's earned her right to an opinion. Dora enjoys TV from her bed, the floor leaning next to you, or from the best spot on the couch. During commercial breaks (do we even have those anymore?) she enjoys short, leisurely walks. Due to her age and everything that goes with it - Dora would not be great for a family that is looking for a high energy, active dog. Her version of an active lifestyle is to roll in the grass and patrol her garden. Like many seniors, Dora is a passionate sleeper. Her fosters fondly claim Dora "will rattle the stucco of the walls with her delicate snoring". Dora is housetrained, however, due to issues that come with a senior female dog - she isn't always able to hold her bladder through the night. She's great about alerting you when she needs a middle of the night potty break though. Dora is also crate trained, but she honestly doesn't love it. She'd rather be out with her pack, riding in the car, or being pushed around in shopping carts meeting new people. That's where she really shines! She is highly food motivated and even takes medicine well. She doesn't care for windy days but otherwise loves being outside. Overall, Dora is an amazing dog looking for an amazing family.
If you like to meet Dora please visit: https://www.k9kismet.org/adopt/adoption-application/ today to fill out an application!
Dora in a nutshell:
- Approximately 9 years old
- Spayed, microchipped and up-to-date on vaccinations
- Loves people of all ages!
- Good with calm dogs of all sizes
- Hasn't been formally cat tested, but has shown to be cat tolerant
- Great in the car and on leash
- Relaxed, easy going, demeanor
- Exhibits signs of anxiety when seprated from her pack (stress related whimpering/crying) but behavior has improved over time.
- An excellent errand-buddy as she does well in all types of environments (trips to Lowes, Home Goods, Target, the Dr's office, and lunching with friends).
- She has some skin allergies that are being treated with regualr cytopoint shots.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- American Staffordshire Terrier