This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Champion German Shepherd Dog Mix Brewster, NY
- Bicolor, Tricolor (Brown, Black, & White)
- Loving, chill, Very sweet calm
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Champion! She is a senior (vet estimates around 7 to 8 years old, but who really knows) German Shepherd. She has had a rough life filled with neglect, but you’d never know it by her demeanor.
She was found wandering a highway in Rhode Island. Her nails were so long she could barely walk. She had growths all over her body. And to top it off, she went into heat. Can you imagine how many puppies this girl probably had over her lifetime?
SNAAR (www.snarrnortheast.org) took her in and got her on her journey to a healthier life. She has been spayed; several benign growths removed; and a grapefruit size mass removed from her uterus (also benign - thank goodness!).
She has been doing so well in her foster and gets along wonderfully with the kids and dogs. All she wants is a cozy spot to relax near you. She is house broken, crate trained, and just the sweetest dog.
**PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING**
If you are interested in adopting any of the puppies, our adoption fee is $495 ( puppies) $375 (adults) which includes transportation from the South and we do suggest putting a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several littermates.
**Please understand that we are a volunteer based organization. While our volunteers try to answer all emails/questions as quickly as possible, below please find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. We ask that you please read these FAQ's to see if your question has already been answered before emailing additional questions:
- If a dog or puppy is listed on Petfinder, they are still available. Please do not email asking if they are still available. If a dog or puppy is still listed, then we are still accepting applications :-) We do not go on a first come first serve basis, but on best fit for the family and most importantly, the puppy or dog.
- We are taking our best guess on breed and size when fully-grown (or already an adult), based on the puppy's/dog’s physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. We rarely are able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time.
- Our dogs/puppies are either at our Adoption Center in Brewster, NY, in foster care, or are adopted straight from transport. An application is necessary to meet any dog/puppy. Often, dogs and puppies are spoken for before they arrive. Many people feel more comfortable with a meet and greet which we completely understand and respect, however please know you are taking a chance of that puppy/dog getting adopted by someone else before hand.
- The way to start the process for any dog or puppy is by filling out an application. Applications for foster or adoption can be found at www.snarrnortheast.org and by clicking either adopt or foster from the main menu. If you fill out an application, please make sure you answer all the questions in as much detail as possible and that you receive a confirmation email, otherwise we did NOT receive it.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- German Shepherd Dog