This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Cassie Labrador Retriever Mix Brewster, NY
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
*Age: 5 years
*Current Weight: 60 pounds
*Rescued from: Texas
*Adoption fee: $375 (plus $125 spay/neuter deposit, which is refundable when spay/neuter agreement is fulfilled)
Cassie is a sweet, smart, special girl! We estimate she's probably about 5 years old and has a beautiful mostly black coat with a bit of brindle in it. She's currently 60 pounds. We found her running alongside the road in the country where we live. She was a bit skinny, had a bit of mange and really long nails. She jumped right into my car though! We felt like she had owners before but could not find them despite our efforts. At first meeting, she can be a bit timid but warms up pretty quickly to both human and dog friends. As long as other dogs are friendly to her, she's friendly back. She loves attention, cuddling and rubs just as much as she loves to play as well! She LOVES to run and play chase and boy is she a fast runner! She loves companionship and would love to have another companion that would love to play chase with her as well! And a big backyard to do all the running in! She's currently spoiled right now because we live on 10 acres, so she has tons of room to run around.
For a doggie companion, I think she would do best with a male as she does have a bit of jealousy sometimes towards one of our female dogs. We have one male dog and that is her pal and the one she also plays chase with as well! Her chase/wrestle behavior I've observed is different and a bit misleading. She will sometimes raise her hair and show her teeth but then do a play bow all while wagging her tail. So she really is just playing and having fun! She will also run with her tail tucked if she's the one being chased. We've figured it's actually a tactic so the other dog won't try and snap at it. She's smart! She also loves to play fetch and tug, but only tug with humans. She hasn't mastered tug with doggie friends yet. She prefers to play keep away with them instead! She does love any toy with a squeaker! With kids, she now does fantastic! When she first arrived, she was very skittish of our 4 year old son. Especially when he would run around the house or come up from behind her and touch her and spook her, not meaning to scare her on purpose. She has now settled in nicely with him and loves giving him kisses and getting attention from him! She would now relish having children to dote sweetly on her! She also showed quite the maternal side when our sister in law and her month old baby came to stay. Cassie would lay outside her door and wait for them to come out and say hi to them. She would also check on the baby if she started fussing. It was very sweet! She is a very loving dog and can't wait to meet her perfect forever family!
*Health: up to date on required vaccines
*Adoption requirements: adopter must be 25 or older
Cassie was rescued from an area where there is an abundance of homeless dogs, and not a lot of shelter space for them to go while they wait for their forever homes. She will be arriving at SNARR's Adoption Center in Brewster, NY on May 19th ready for adoption! To apply to adopt Cassie, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
**Meet and greets will not be scheduled without an approved application.**
IMPORTANT: This dog has not yet been altered. For any dog or puppy that is not able to be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, SNARR requires a $125 deposit in addition to your adoption fee, as well as a strictly-enforced signed Spay/Neuter Contract stating you will have this dog altered within 6 months of adoption. The $125 deposit will be returned once the contract has been fulfilled.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary
Ask About Cassie
- Labrador Retriever
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Labrador Retriever