This is a carousel of images and or videos of this pet. Press the S key to skip past this carousel. Use the arrow keys to navigate between the different images and videos. Press the F key to activate a fullscreen carousel.
- American Bulldog Mix
- American Bulldog Mix
- East Derry, NH
- Black , White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
- Prefers a home without
Objective: To find a home where I can continue my education while being
spoiled and adored.
• As a young pup, I wandered the wild streets of Miami. I learned how to scavenge for food and to run away from scary people and cars.
• I met some nice people who tempted me into their car with a hamburger..yum!
• These nice people brought me into a home with other dogs, good food, and house rules. Wow! I didn't know anything about rules! I learned fast.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
• Riding in the car. I just relax and look out the window at all the scenery going by!
• Playing with my friends. I don't like all dogs, but I do like lots of dogs. I think small dogs are the best, and they don't annoy me as much as big, playful dogs who try to jump all over me. I try to have patience, but sometimes I have to tell them off.
• Food is a major interest of mine. I am not a picky eater. Once, a long time ago, I took a whole roast beef out of a crock pot and ate it. My mom was not happy, but at least I saved all the vegetables for them. Treats are a favorite, too. Bacon....,mmmmmmmm.
• I love learning new tricks, mostly because it means lots of treats.
• I worked as a companion and a protector for a family for almost 2 years. I loved them all and they loved me but they had to give me back to the rescue. I was very sad for a little while but at my foster home, I found new people to love.
• I bark very nicely. I have a good, deep bark. I am not a whiner, although I do know the language.
• I can keep you company without being the least bit annoying. I calm down very easily and if you scratch me I am asleep before you can say “sweet dreams”.
• I'll keep your chair warm for you if you have to get up.
• I don't bark unnecessarily. I will let you know someone is at the door, but I won't keep it up like those little terriers.
• I don't pull too much on the leash either, not like those big naughty dogs.
Captain is very friendly and is always wagging his tail. He is is a 3-4-year-old Bulldog mix. He has been living with young kids, but we think he would be happier with school-age children. He loves people and likes dogs that aren't dominant like he is. He likes walks but really doesn't require much more exercise than a walk or two a day or a fenced yard to play catch in. He has been in doggie training, and he would be perfect for a family that has the time to keep up with his training. He is very food motivated which makes training easier.
All dogs adopted from GDHS are spayed or neutered, have vaccinations brought up to date, are on heartworm preventative, and microchipped.
If you are interested in adopting this dog, please call the phone line (603) 434-1512 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach an application found on our website to expedite the process.
Note: Local candidates are always given preferential treatment and calls outside of the New England states will not be returned. We will NEVER ship any of our animals regardless of the suitability of the prospective home.
GDHS reserves the right to refuse to adopt to any applicant. By requesting information on an animal and initiating the screening process, it is not a guarantee that the particular animal that you have inquired about is yours to adopt. This is only the first stage of the adoption process. GDHS does not place our animals on a "first come, first served" basis, but do adopt to the best home possible for the animal.
Ask About Captain
- American Bulldog
Greater Derry Humane Society Inc.
Have an account?