This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Brownie Rottweiler & Spaniel Mix Cincinnati, OH
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
Missy (with the slightly longer coat, white on her chest and adorably speckled feet) can be a little shy at first, and looks to the more confident Brownie for comfort and reassurance. They each weigh in the upper thirties. They are the embodiment of pure puppy love—friendly, sweet natured and always ready for a play session. And they play HARD. Like most sisters they have the occasional moments of getting on each other’s nerves.
Their former dad took them everywhere, so they are very accustomed to car rides. But they are lacking in the basic manners department and act like overgrown puppies. Their future humans should be prepared for some basic obedience training, teaching the girls how to walk politely on leash, not jump up on people, appropriate play, etc. Until they learn to control their enthusiasm and act their age, a home with older kids or adults only will be best for them.
They would be happy adopted as a pair, as long at the family is prepared to take on double the training responsibility. They would be equally happy adopted into separate homes, especially if those homes include willing and active canine playmates. A fenced yard would be icing on their cake!
Please visit www.STAF.org for visiting hours, a downloadable application, and additional information.
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions; we ask that you return for a follow-up visit before taking an animal home.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we can not adopt to homes with invisible fences.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Ask About Brownie
Save the Animals Foundation