This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Atticus Australian Shepherd Mix Cincinnati, OH
- Merle (Blue)
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Prefers a home without
- Cats, children.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
UPDATE 4/30. Atticus is a very good dog with a lot of energy. To satisfy his working dog spirit, he would do best in a household where he has a job--agility training, helping on a farm, running partner, etc.
Based on a recent stay with a potential adopter, Atticus appears to be house trained and always went to the door to indicate he needed to go out. He did not mind being crated when left alone, but needs a home where he can have plenty of activity in lieu of being in a crate for a good chunk of the day. Atticus got along well with the resident dog, but can be reactive to some other dogs. He loves people and likes to jump up on people; it isn’t a big deal for an adult, but may knock a child over. He'll benefit from manners training and a family familiar with this breed.
Arrived STAF 3/2021.
Atticus would be like the high school football star/valedictorian who got accepted to Harvard, Yale AND Princeton, but is taking a year to volunteer with the Peace Corps. He's gorgeous, smart, loves everybody and loved by everyone who meets him. His stunning good looks inspired the observation, "He looks like a work of art." And his temperament is equally lovely.
Just an all-around awesome dog. Atticus is around two years old, 50 pounds and (if his popularity around the shelter is any indication) is destined to get a lot of interest. So if you email us, please take a moment to tell us about yourself and what makes you a great fit for this great guy. Visit STAF.org for more information on our adoption process.
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions. You will be asked to return for at least one follow-up visit, then take the dog home for a trial period before officially adopting.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we can not adopt to homes with invisible fences.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Australian Shepherd