This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Athena Doberman Pinscher & Labrador Retriever Mix Derwood, MD
- Apricot / Beige , Brown / Chocolate
- active, sweet, playful,
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs.
We were told Athena is a doberman x lab mix, though we see more lab than anything, so her breed mixture is anyone's guess!
Who says older dogs don't like to play?! Athena is crazy about tennis balls and an excellent fetcher! She is eager to learn, and very much wants to please her person/people. She will be a wonderful companion.
Athena seems to get along well with some other dogs, (Properly introduced, of course).
Shelter staff think Athena is about 8 years old. Come meet her today!
***** PLEASE NOTE: Our adoption process can move quite quickly, and applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. You must visit the animal in person at the shelter before submitting an application (see visiting hours below).
Some animals, especially puppies/kittens and small dogs, can go very quickly. For this reason, we recommend that if you see an animal you are interested in, you come into the shelter *as soon as possible*.
Our busiest days are Saturdays and Sundays, and if you plan to come on one of those days we highly recommend that you arrive early (at noon or even a few minutes before) in order to minimize wait times and maximize your chances of being the first applicant on the pet you wish to adopt.
Please do not bring your current pets to the shelter. If you intend to adopt a dog and want the new dog and your current dog to meet, that can be scheduled with the help of your Adoption Counselor. Thank you! *****
Come in to visit at the Montgomery County Animal Services & Adoption Center.
Open 12–7 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Open 12-5 PM Saturday and Sunday.
Closed on Wednesdays and major federal holidays.
During weekdays, adoption counseling appointments will occur until 5:00pm. On the weekends, adoption counseling appointments will occur until 3:30pm. Appointments only occur after an adoption questionnaire has been submitted by a potential adopter. From 5:00 to 7:00pm on weekdays and 3:30 to 5:00pm on weekends, potential adopters may still browse our selection of adoptable pets.
DOG CARE ESSENTIALS
1. Identify your dog. External Identification: Outfit your dog with a collar and ID tag that includes your name, address and telephone number. Microchip Identification: Have your dog microchipped
2. Follow local laws for licensing your dog and vaccinating him for rabies
3. When you're off your property, keep your dog on leash
4. Give your dog companionship
5. Take your dog to the veterinarian for regular check-ups
6. Spay or neuter your dog
7. Give your dog a nutritionally balanced diet and constant access to fresh water
8. Enroll your dog in a training class
9. Give your dog enough exercise to keep him physically fit (but not exhausted)
10. Be loyal to and patient with your faithful companion
Location Address7315 Muncaster Mill Rd.
day hours Monday 12-7 stop accepting applications at 5 pm. Tuesday 12-7 stop accepting applications at 5 pm Wednesday closed Thursday 12-7 stop accepting applications at 5 pm. Friday 12-7 stop accepting applications at 5 pm Saturday 12-5 stop accepting applications at 3:30 pm. Sunday 12-5 Stop accepting applications at 3:30
Ask About Athena
- Doberman Pinscher
- Apricot / Beige
Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Ctr.
Have an account?