This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Ares German Shepherd Dog Chesterfield, MO
- Loyal, Smart, Protective
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats, children.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Ares is well trained and responds quickly to all the basic obedience commands. He is house trained, has been trained to walk off leash using an e-collar, and rides great in the car. Ares used a crate when he was younger and would relax in the crate when he was hanging out with his people. He no longer needs a crate and spends long hours alone during the day and mostly doesn’t get into trouble.
Ares lives with an elderly cat, and other than trying to play with the cat, he is good with it. He lives with a 3 year old child. He is good with his small 2-legged companion, but he will try to herd her and the reality is his focus is reserved for his adult owner. He has a strong food drive and is good when taking food from your hand. Ares loves chasing toys and will retrieve.
Ares can be strong on leash but responds to correction. He is not dog reactive but will pull to meet a new dog. He passed our dog test but we note his playstyle may not be appropriate for all dogs.
An ideal home for Ares will be one experience with rescue dogs and German Shepherds in particular. He would do best in a situation where his people are home more than they are gone. He would thrive with people who have time to get him out to run and play. He should be fine with dogs that can handle his play style. We consider Ares to be cat-workable. Monitoring of dog / cat interactions will be needed as he settles into his new life. While he is fine with the little girl in his current pack we are not recommending him for a home with toddlers. A quiet home is best as Ares as is accustomed to living with a small family.
Our Adoption Fees:
*Dogs and puppies 12 months old or younger: $400
* Adult dogs over 12 months of age: $350
* Senior dogs over 7 years of age qualify for our "Seniors FUREVER" program! Seniors are special to us, so we offer two options:
(1) If your heart has a special place for the seniors, you can adopt a senior dog for the regular adoption fee of $350 and this becomes a perpetual fee. You can adopt another SGSDR senior dog at any time from us in the future at NO CHARGE.
(2) If you aren't sure about your future adoption capacity, you may adopt your SGSDR senior dog for a reduced adoption fee of $250.
For more information on adopting a Serendipity dog, please visit our website at any of the following links:
Visit us on Facebook for regular updates on all of our program dogs! https://www.facebook.com/SGSDR/
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- German Shepherd Dog