This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
*Adoption requirements: adopter must be 25 or older
Hey there, my name is Amelia and I'm looking for an awesome new furever home. My owners surrendered me which I'm really glad because I was living on a cable in their yard and it gets really hot in the summer. My foster momma says I'm a good girl, quite the athlete, takes me for walks even though I pull on the leash sometimes and tells me she loves me. (I think she loves all the dogs.) My name sake is Ameila Earhart because I can run super fact and jump pretty doggone high. I love fetch, chasing that ball, is so much fun. If my foster momma would just let me chase those deer in the neighborhood, I'm sure that would be even more fun. But it appears the ball will have to make me happy. I'd really prefer a home with a fenced yard so we can play fetch.
I love playing and squeaking my soft toys, nope I haven't shredded one yet. I'm food driven but take good gently from your hands. But, I am bad about begging so at dinner time I have to be in my crate. I also eat in my crate which is fine with me. Although the crate is okay, I prefer to be hanging out playing with my humans or my canine foster siblings. My canine foster sister is probably my favorite, she likes to chase me and I think that's a hoot. Well, I guess that's enough about me. If you are interested in an affectionate girl that loves fetch, is a little shy at first, them tell us about you by completing the adoption application.
Amelia is currently in Texas and will be arriving in New York in June or July.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records.
- SNARR'S ADOPTION PROCESS: The first step in adopting or meeting a SNARR dog/puppy is to fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications. Once we receive your application, one of our adoption application processors will contact you, review our adoption process with you, and answer any additional questions you may have. **We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.**
- MEETING ADOPTABLE DOGS: Meet and greets will not be scheduled until after your adoption application has been fully processed by one of our adoption processors.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- PUPPIES: We do suggest listing a 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice on your application if applying for a puppy with several litter mates.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- German Shepherd Dog