This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Domestic Short Hair Mix
- Domestic Short Hair Mix
- Middleton, NS
- Loving, Playful, Active, Curious
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs.
- Adoption fee
Meet Mamma Sissy
All CAPS foster cats are given full health checks, tested negative for feline leukemia and FIV (feline AIDS), vaccinated, neutered/spayed, fecal tested, de-wormed and treated for fleas and ear mites, and micro-chipped. All diagnosed medical issues are addressed and foster animals are healthy before being listed as adoptable. Foster cats live their lives in cage-free, loving, family settings, spoiled by their caregivers and foster parents. CAPS foster cats are truly loved.
CAPS cats are intended as INDOOR cats only. CAPS does not adopt cats as barn cats or as mousers. CAPS requests that adopters agree that all cats adopted from our care be kept safely indoors for at least ONE YEAR from their adoption date. All of the cats taken into care by CAPS have been found outside - lost, abandoned, often injured and in poor health. It is CAPS’ sincere hope that our beautiful and cherished foster cats being adopted to their forever homes will NEVER again find themselves in this situation. We fervently hope that as their parents/caregivers, you will agree to always keep them safely indoors. Your new little friend will thank you for many years to come!
CAPS will not adopt to individuals whose intention it is to have their adopted cat declawed, in keeping with the Nova Scotia Veterinary Medical Association’ decision that the declawing of cats is ethically unacceptable and banned in Nova Scotia.
BEFORE YOU APPLY TO ADOPT FROM CAPS, please ensure the following:
• that all companion animals in your household are up to date on their annual vaccines, spay/neutered, and have been to your vet in the past 12 months for an annual health check
• that all cats in your household have tested negative for feline leukemia and FIV
• that if you are presently a pet owner or have had a pet in the past 5 years, you have contacted your veterinarian(s) to give your permission to speak with a CAPS volunteer when called for a reference.
Please review your application carefully before you submit it for consideration. If information on the application is found to be untrue, your application will be immediately declined.
Minimum adoption donation:
• $200 for a kitten 6 months of age and younger
• $150 for cats 7 months and older
• CAPS' Better with a Buddy program allows for the adoption of a second cat (sibling or friend adopted at the same time) for half the minimum adoption donation ($100/$75)
This adoption donation helps defer veterinary costs and the ongoing care of the cats while in our foster care system.
Visitation at the foster homes can be scheduled only after an application is approved.
For more information and to submit an APPLICATION to ADOPT, please visit http://www.caps-annapolis.org/adoption/
Thank you for your interest in the foster animals of the Companion Animal Protection Society of Annapolis County.
Ask About Mamma Sissy
- Domestic Short Hair
Companion Animal Protection Society of Annapolis County
Have an account?