This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, declawed.
- Good in a home with
- Other cats, dogs, children, other animals. Fish.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
DoB: about 11 years old
Adoption Fee: $80
Catsanova what a great kitty!!! True Handsome gentleman. Front pawed declaw. He was with his owner since he was kitten. They passed and when his owner was found after 3 days with Catsanova laying by her head, guarding her for her final journey. The family was from out of state and surrendered Catsanova to a local shelter An elderly woman pulled him but he had contracted Coccidia at the shelter and she did not want to deal with medicating him. We took him and noticed we was drinking like 40 oz of water a day and peeing like a alot! Immediately took him to vet for a blood panel as we expected his sugar levels were very high, in the range he should be on insulin. Maybe stress of shelter or poor cheap food....We placed him on a 100% canned low carb food regime and 3 weeks later - we re-tested his blood and he is in the normal range and does not need insulin. He will need grain free, low carb canned food and he enjoys the dehydrated raw nuggets for a treat. We have been using Tiki, Fancy feast classic pate and Nutro grain free pates. He will need periodic fructose tests(every 3-6 months for now) to make sure he is maintaining his sugar levels. He knows his name you call his name and he comes running from wherever he is. He loves that you know his name! He loves to lay on the couch or bed next to you. He is not a fan of the lap if you put him in your lap he is like OK meh I'll get next to you instead. Not a counter cruiser. Fine with the dogs and cats in his foster home.
FELV/FIV neg, dewormed, neutered, front declaw, current on vaccines.
Please include ID# with the name of the cat you are interested in when you submit an application.
The cats/kittens that are posted are available, unless it is stated 'adopted'. If one is 'pending' you still may submit an application in case the adoption does not go through.
Our adoption fees are posted on our home page.
You must be at least 21 years old to apply.
To apply, please click on the link: https://faerietales.org/adoption/adoption-form/
send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please answer all questions, otherwise your pre-application may not be reviewed. Include the following information in your email:
1. Your name, address, home phone number & email address.Age of applicant, age of co-applicant and do you live with your parents?
2. Your reason for wanting to adopt this kitten? Yourself ? Child's pet? Companionship to another pet? Gift/Surprise? Other?
3. Type of housing you live in (own home, apartment, condo, etc.), rent or own.Landlord's name/phone # if applicable:
4. Are you looking for a inside cat only, outside only, or both inside & outside?
5. Do you plan to declaw this cat/kitten?
6. Please list all of the people in your home, include age & gender.
7. Who will be responsible for taking care of the cat?
8. What arrangements have you made to care for the pet in case you can no longer do so?
9. The number of hours per day the animal will be left alone, and where you will keep the animal when left alone?
10. A list of any animals you've had in the last 10 years, including how long you had them and where they are now. Please include the names of each animal, and the type of animal.
11. Are/were they spayed/neutered? Current on vaccines? Has your cat been tested for FIV/FeLV?
12. Who is your current/previous veterinarian (clinic name and phone number)? You must call your vet and give permission to release information regarding your pets, we will be contacting your veterinarian as a reference.
13. Are/were your pets receiving annual veterinarian care?
14. How much time do your current/previous pets spend outside? Inside _____% of the time.Outside ____% of the time
Please estimate how much time you plan to have this cat inside and outside.Inside _____% of the time.Outside ____% of the time.
15. Does anyone in your family suffer from pet allergies?
16. Rescue animals require time to adjust to their new home. Are you willing to give this animal adequate time for proper adjustment - perhaps three weeks or more? What amount of time do you consider to be reasonable for adjustment?
17. Cats can live as long as 15-20 years. Select all of the following that may cause you to give up the animal.Birth of a child __ New roommate___ Marriage ___ Divorce ____ Unemployment ___ Needs regular medication ___ Allergies.
18. What kind of personality traits in a cat are you NOT willing to live with? Select all of the following that apply.Excessive meowing ___ Unfriendly toward other pets ___ Shy, skittish, or hides a lot __ Scratching furniture, ___Jumps on kitchen counter/tables___Other ________________________________
19. Methods you plan to use to discourage unwanted behavior(s): Yell___ Put cat in another room___ Remove problem item(s) ___ Put cat outside ___Won’t tolerate behaviors ___Swat/spank/hit with newspaper ___Spritz with water ___,Throw something at cat___Who cares cats are cats.
20. Have you ever had to return a pet to a breeder or taken to a pound, shelter or rescue? If so, please explain:
21. I would like a cat who (check all that applies):Plays gently____
Is a cuddler____
Is quiet____Is fairly active____
Is a enthusiastic player____Enjoys a little lap time____
Is a chatterbox___
Is more independent___
The above information that I have provided to FTCR for the purpose of adopting an animal is accurate and complete.
IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
A volunteer will review your application and contact you ONLY if you are approved or if further clarification is required. We will make every attempt to contact approved applicants within 5 business days of application submission (M-F), but this will depend on the number of applications received.
Please understand that by answering the questions does not guarantee the adoption of the pet, nor are you obligated to adopt the pet.
FTCR adopts to homes that are best fits for our animals' needs, and not on a first-come, first-served basis. If you currently own a pet or have a history of pet ownership, you must provide a vet reference for your application to be processed. Preference is given to applications with prior pet experience and vet references.
We are an all-volunteer organization, and regret that we do not have the resources to contact applicants that are not approved. Please do not contact us to check on the status of your application - it just slows down our ability to process applications. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- We ask for your patience as we review your application.FTCR receives several each day and cannot respond to every one individually.
- Approved applicants are based on best fit, not first submitted. FTCR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY APPLICANT, so please understand that it is within our discretion to make those decisions on behalf of our animals.
Keep in mind that we depend 100% on volunteers, most of whom have full-time jobs, so we ask for your understanding as we do the best we can in the endless effort to find homes for these deserving animals!
WE DO NOT HAVE A SHELTER, ALL OF OUR ANIMALS ARE IN ONE OF OUR VOLUNTEERS HOME.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN A RESCUE ANIMAL!
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Domestic Short Hair