This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Cuddly, outgoing, shoulder-perching "VELCRO kitty" wants to be ATTACHED to you! Domestic Short Hair Gardiner, NY
- lively, lively, lovey, active, Affectionate
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other cats.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Cuddly, outgoing, shoulder-perching "VELCRO kitty" wants to be ATTACHED to you!
Maclean was born in May 2021 and for all that time he has been searching for a home! He's a very happy kitty with his purr motor almost always running - read on to learn all about him (there are no downsides to him, so you'll find only his good points mentioned!.
You'll be constantly entertained by the fact that he always wants to be involved in what you are doing and always beside you, making a lot of comments (just happy, approving meows). Whether you are standing or sitting, awake or asleep, you will find that he wants to be literally attached to you (unless he is running around in zoomy play, working out his abundant goofy kitten energy). He likes being carried around and held in your arms - he's very patient with this, unless he sees something kitten-exciting going on in the room, and then he gets squirmy because he wants to go investigate.
He likes to lick your cheek, nose, hand, rub his cheeks against you, taking hold of you with his paws, butting heads with you (or other kitties), and kneading (kneading you when he's on you or in your arms, kneading the air when he sees you or you speak to him).
He uses his eyes, too, to express his affection - blinking "I love you" messages, and gazing at you because he finds it so comforting to look at your face. He can hypnotize himself into sleepy...very sleepiness by gazing into your eyes.
He would definitely come to you when you called, but he follows you around so much you don't have to call him; he wants to be right beside you and starts climbing into your lap before you have even finished sitting down!
Though he likes being a lapcat and also lolling against your leg if you are sitting on the floor, in general he likes to be as close to your head as he can get, so he will jump up on a table-top or the back of your chair/sofa or indeed your own back or shoulder so that he can be more on the same level as your head.
(Considerations if you are already living with a cat: He might be shy with you for the first 2 minutes after meeting you, but he is outgoing and he also loves other kitties. If you do live with other kitties, please bear in mind that he might not make a good match with a reserved kitty who does not like Maclean's in-your-face style, dominant personality, or tendency to be playful with them in a bossy, energetic way.)
If you would be interested in a trial adoption in your home, and willing to give things a week or two before making a decision about adoption, please WRITE IN WITH YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. If we feel that you & this kitty sound like a great match, we will endeavor to get back to you right away to exchange references and to work out his trip to you. In the meantime, you may be interested in checking out more about our previous fosters/adoptions, through our now-defunct Facebook page, covering fosters/adoptions 2018-2019, or the current YouTube channel, covering 2019-present. Thank you!
Here are the questions we'd like you to answer, please:
1. Can you share your views about feline nutrition and diet, as follows? Would you consider feeding this kitty dry food? If so, what brands and if not, why not? Would you consider feeding this kitty canned food? If so, what brands and if not, why not? Would you consider feeding this kitty raw food (either bought from a store or homemade) and if not, why not? Also, what kind of water would you offer this kitty and what brand of litter would you use in your litterbox? Thanks!
2. What are your views, pro or con, on declawing?
3. What sort of domicile do you live in (house, rented apartment, trailer, etc.) and who (please mention any and all humans and non-humans) lives there with you, please?
4. What are your views, pro or con, on neutering/spaying?
5. Under what circumstances would you consider parting with a kitty you'd adopted? (We are 100% no-kill and would want to take back, at any time and for any reason, anyone you adopted from us if you wanted to part company with him or her.)
6. It can be very helpful, in determining whether Kitty and Human would make a good match, to have some information about the person, so if you could say something about your interests/hobbies/lifestyle/leisure pursuits, that would be great. Please also give a little information about your job/profession/source of income. Lastly, if there's anything you want to say about volunteer work you've done caregiving to non-humans (say, at a shelter or sanctuary) or about previous experiences you have had caring for your own or for others' (say, as a cat-sitter or dog-walker), that's helpful too!
7. Finally [Optional], if there is anything about this particular kitty's looks as shown in the photos/video or personality as written about in the post that particularly calls to you or speaks to you or appeals to you, please could you share that? Thank you so much!
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
Cuddly, outgoing, shoulder-perching "VELCRO kitty" wants to be ATTACHED to you!
- Domestic Short Hair