Saving pets takes a community and we’re lucky that we have such an amazing one. Thank you for being an awesome community. Look at some of the greatest ways you’ve helped pets in 2013!
1. You helped us rush aid to All About Animals Rescue in Macon, Ga., to help dogs like Mic and others injured during a shelter break-in in which three dogs were killed. (Read more about our grant and learn about adopting Mic.)
3. You helped us teach shelter staff and volunteers to take great pet photos, helping hard-to-place dogs like Shelby find families. (Learn more.)
4. You helped us give $26,000 to aid abused and neglected farm animals, including horses like Page. (Learn more about Page’s transformation.)
5. You helped us give shelters vaccines so they can focus their limited time and resources on finding homes for pets like Thor. (Read more about Thor’s adoption.)
7. You helped us give thousands to protect pets like Joey from the California Rim Fire. (Learn more.)
8. You helped us fund a trailer that helped rescuers save 367 dogs from a massive multistate dog-fighting ring. (Learn more.)
9. Thanks to your donations, we gave more than $50,000 in cash and product to help pets affected by the devastating Oklahoma tornado. (Learn more.)
10. With your help, we gave Summer Cooling Grants that not only kept pets (including donkeys!) comfortable during the summer months, but also increased adoptions by making potential adopters more comfortable at shelters. (Learn more.)
To celebrate our tenth year of helping homeless pets, all week we’ve been sharing our favorite Success Stories from 2013. Thank you for helping us save lives since 2003!