Ever since I showed up to class years and years ago — and saw my neighbor dressed and talking like a pirate — I’ve loved Talk Like a Pirate Day. So nothing made me happier than seeing that several of our “less-adoptable” pets are celebrating it along with Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week!
Meet them below, then meet the 900+ other shelter-nominated pets in our Adopt-A-Less-Adoptable-Pet Week gallery.
Avast ye hearties! Are ye me new family?
Do ye fancy me peg leg? It’s special for Talk Like a Pirate Day.
Nope. No crackers for me!
Arr. Beware the corporate sharks, matey.
I’m looking for the Jolly Roger. Uz seen it?
Stop lollygaging around. That’s my job.
Of course, the less-adoptables aren’t the only pets who can participate in Talk Like a Pirate Day. Right now, there are lots of other pets on Petfinder with pirate themes as well, including:
- 344 adoptable pets named Polly
- 218 adoptable pets named Captain
- 61 adoptable pets named Pirate
- 4 adoptable pets named Barbosa
- 2 adoptable pets name Matey
- 1 adoptable pet named Bluebeard
- Even 1 adoptable pet named Pelor the Peg Leg Pirate!
Tell us: Will you or your pet participate in Talk Like a Pirate Day this year?