Today we’re kicking off our Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays program. Each year, we encourage you to help pets in need by taking in a foster pet during the holiday season. (Find out how the program started here.)
Why is fostering so important — especially during the holidays?
By taking in a foster pet, you’ll be:
- Giving shelters and rescue groups extra help during a time of year when they are usually short-staffed.
- Giving other foster parents a chance to travel or just take a break.
- Freeing up a spot so the shelter or rescue group can take in another pet.
- Giving your foster pet the time he or she needs to be ready for adoption. (Learn common reasons pets need foster homes.)
- Helping the shelter or rescue group learn more about the pet so he can end up in the home best suited to him.
- Socializing the pet to a home environment and possibly getting him
used to being around other pets and different types of people.
To help, we’ll be blogging about fostering all month — answering your
most frequently asked questions and providing moral support.
Tell us: What are your questions about fostering a pet?
You might also like: