I can’t pretend I’m an avid sports fan, but there’s one game that I’m sure to watch.
As the New Orleans Saints make their Super Bowl debut against the Indianapolis Colts, 20 puppies will steal my attention in Animal Planet’s 6th annual Puppy Bowl this Sunday, 3 p.m. E/P.
Not only are the puppies irresistibly adorable, they’re all Petfinder alumni, making Petfinder the temporary “home team” for all the players. (See a full list of the participating shelters.)
Of course, it’s Petfinder tradition to recognize the many adoptable
namesakes of this year’s Super Bowl stars. Take a look at some of these adorable adoptables as you get yourself hyped up for the game:
In the Indianapolis Area:
- 27 dogs named “Indy“
- Six dogs named “Colt“
- 39 dogs named “Austin” (perhaps after wide receiver Austin Collie)
- 38 dogs named “Dallas” (perhaps after tight end Dallas Clark)
- 38 dogs named “Reggie” (perhaps after receiver Reggie Wayne)
- 12 dogs named “Pierre” (perhaps after wide receiver Pierre Garcon)
In the New Orleans Area:
- 101 Saint Bernard breed dogs
- Seven dogs named “Saint“
- Eight dogs named “Drew” (perhaps after quarterback Drew Brees)
- Eight dogs named “Pierre” (perhaps after running back Pierre Thomas)
- Three dogs named “Reggie” (perhaps after running back Reggie Bush)
- Two dogs named “Shockey” (perhaps after tight end Jeremy Shockey)
year the sidelines will also be hopping with the addition of spirited
Petfinder bunny rabbit cheerleaders, while frolicking felines
will be onstage for the Kitty Half-time Show sponsored by BISSELL. I know I and all three of my crazy critters can’t wait!
You might also like: