Texas residents: Call 2-1-1 for pet evacuation news

Tags: , , ,

Texas residents should call 2-1-1 for pet evacuation information:


“The 2-1-1 operators assist evacuees with other information, and operational animal shelters are another important piece of information the operators can provide evacuees,” said Dr. Matt Cochran, emergency management veterinarian with the Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC), the state’s livestock and poultry health regulatory agency. The TAHC is one of more than 30 agencies on Texas’ Emergency Management Council for the Governor’s Division of Emergency Management.”

Reminder: Evacuating pets must be in carriers.