The Adopted Dog Bible
Your One-Stop Resource for Choosing,
Training and Caring for Your Sheltered
or Rescued Dog
The old rules don’t always apply to adopted
dogs, whose training, past behaviors and
health histories may be a mystery. At last,
here’s the one-stop guide that acknowledges
their special needs and covers every detail
of daily life.
About The Adopted Dog Bible
Reviewed by experts in veterinary medicine, nutrition, and training, you’ll learn:
- Where to find your perfect canine companion
- All about breeds and mixed breeds and how you can adopt any type of dog
- Smart guidelines for adoption success
- Realistic expenses of dog care
- What to expect when you bring your new pup home (and long after)
- Clicker, target stick, and other re-training methods
- How to introduce new diets and take the guesswork out of feeding
- Holistic and conventional medical treatments
- The impact of travel and changes at home
- What to do when it’s time to say good-bye
Plus recipes, doggy workouts, heartwarming true stories of adopted dogs and their happy parents, information on saving dogs on a larger scale and more!
Viva is one of the millions of dogs adopted through Petfinder.
Videos Highlighted in The Adopted Dog Bible
Throughout The Adopted Dog Bible, we refer to these videos, which offer great tips and tutorials. Click a thumbnail below to view each video.