Our partner in the Chip FurKeeps program
Facts & Figures
- 6 to 8 million pets enter U.S. shelters each year. Many are lost family pets.
- Today, only 3 to 4 percent of dogs, and less than 1 percent of cats, arriving at U.S. shelters are microchipped.
- 1 in 3 family pets will get lost.
- Without ID, 90 percent of lost pets will not return home.
- A microchip is the only form of pet identification that is permanent, with a unique number that cannot fall off, be altered, or be removed.
- Extensive testing and long-term use have shown the HomeAgain microchip is a safe and permanent method of identification for pets.
- Thanks to the HomeAgain Microchip and the HomeAgain Recovery Service, more than 600,000 lost pets have been returned to their families.
- HomeAgain recovers 10,000 lost pets each month (120,000 per year.)
The HomeAgain Difference
- HomeAgain is more than just a microchip. HomeAgain is a comprehensive pet recovery service that has been reuniting lost pets with their owners for more than 10 years.
- Our system is utilized when a microchip with a unique ID number is injected between the shoulder blades of your pet, which can be done by a veterinarian if your pet is not already microchipped. Once your pet is microchipped, the next step is to enroll your pet’s microchip ID along with your contact information in the HomeAgain National Pet Recovery Database. This step is critical to reuniting you immediately with your lost pet once he is found.
In addition to our world-class recovery service, you and your pet will benefit from a portfolio of services designed to keep your pet safe and well, and give you peace of mind.
- Proactive Pet Recovery.Microchipping and enrolling your pet in the HomeAgain database maximizes the chance that your pet is recovered should he become lost.
- HomeAgain will instantly send lost pet alerts to animal shelters, veterinary clinics, and volunteer PetRescuers in the area your pet was lost. Currently there are over 500,000 volunteer PetRescuers around the country who have signed up to receive email alerts about pets lost in their neighborhoods.
- HomeAgain offers around-the-clock on-call support by trained counselors to guide and assist you until your pet is recovered.
- HomeAgain will enable you to easily create a lost pet poster with your pet’s picture so you can begin the search for your pet.
- Travel Assistance for Found Pets. If your lost dog or cat is found more than 500 miles away from home, HomeAgain will cover up to $500 to have the found pet flown home.
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Hotline Care. As a HomeAgain member, you’ll also have 24-hour access to licensed veterinarians at the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center who can offer medical assistance by phone or direct you to a nearby emergency vet.
The price to implant a microchip can vary from one veterinarian to another, but typically costs around $45. This is a one-time fee; the microchip does not need maintenance or replacement. In addition, there is an annual fee of $17.99 for your pet’s HomeAgain membership.
Lifetime microchip registration in the national HomeAgain Pet Recovery Database and the first year of membership are typically included in the price of the microchip implant charged by the veterinarian, or as part of the adoption fee for pets chipped by shelters. The HomeAgain membership is renewable annually for $17.99.