Why Adopt a Shelter Dog?
When you buy a pet from a pet store, you’re really perpetuating the suffering of the thousands of dogs used for breeding in puppy mills.
But when you adopt from a shelter or rescue group, you save a life — and un-break the heart of a dog looking for someone to love for a lifetime.
Starting Your Adoption Off Right
Before You Adopt a Dog
- Dog Adoption Checklist
- Things to Consider Before Adopting
- Puppies vs. Senior Dogs
- What Kind of Dog Is Right for You?
- At the Shelter: Choosing a Dog
- For Parents: What to Look Our For
Your Newly Adopted Dog
- Your First 30 Days with Your Dog
- Changing Your Dog’s Name
- Fun Facts About Your New Dog
- Socializing Your New Puppy
Help Promote Shelter Dogs Online!
To help shelter dogs find homes, add a widget to your Web site by including the HTML where you would like it to appear.
Promote Pit Bulls