Adopting an animal at the Austin Humane Society is a simple process, and we have a dedicated staff of Adoption Counselors to help you through the process.
1. Browse the animals online or just stop in during our shelter hours.
2. Get to know the animal. Play with them, take them for a quick walk, or just sit with them.
3. Talk to your Adoption Counselor about the animal---their personality, their history, what to expect, etc.
4. Once you've decided to adopt, schedule a time to pick them up. (Of course, we have to spay/neuter and vaccinate them first.)
5. Enjoy your lifetime of unconditional love.
The Austin Humane Society is Austin's largest non-profit animal adoption shelter dedicated to saving Austin’s homeless cats and dogs, educating our community about responsible pet ownership and reducing pet overpopulation. We offer comprehensive, humane, life-saving animal services, transforming the lives of animals and those who love them. Because we believe homeless animals deserve a chance to thrive in a loving environment, we offer innovative, nationally recognized programs that save the lives of thousands of dogs and cats each year. AHS’ approach to addressing animal homelessness encompasses both finding animals homes through adoption as well as preventing future homelessness through spay/neuter programs.
Monday – Saturday: Noon – 7:00 pm
Sunday: Noon – 5:00 pm
124 W. Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78752