Would you like to adopt? Please download this application. Download or copy & paste this onto your computer, fill it out, and e-mail it to us when you are finished. You will get a reply when approved, as well as the next steps in bringing your new friend home. You may also bring your filled & printed out application to us during our open house day, Saturdays
Did You Know?
Here at Heavenly Angels, we have an entire downstairs full of pens where our bigger dogs can romp and play! Because the dogs are out playing, this room is Employees Only, which means that if you drop by without checking our adoptable pet list first, you might not see all of the animals we have to offer!! So don't forget- if you are looking to adopt a dog, make sure you visit our list of adoptable animals before you come to visit, and if you love one of our babies that is downstairs playing, we will be more than happy to bring it up for you to meet!
For Our Adopters: When you adopt a dog from our center, you are eligible for discounted dog training sessions with our dog trainer. The ACQ trainer is still offering low-cost training for issues such as leash walking/pulling, potty training, aggression, etc. So give us a call if you need a dog trainer, and take advantage of this offer!
Come meet our dog trainer, Sean Lundy, who offers free training lessons for those who adopted dogs from HAAR or the ACQ. We will also post up Volunteer Dog Handling classes for those of you who want to volunteer at the shelter. Please note: Those who do not attend these once a month sessions will not be able to handle our dogs to ensure safety for both our humans and canines! Upcoming Session: TBD
- BREAKING NEWS: Heavenly Angels Animal Rescue, which has adopted out nearly 1,000 animals for nearly 2 years, is being forced to relocate due to economic changes. The founder and dedicated staff of volunteers is determined to carry on the mission of the shelter and to also expand its current services. We are respectfully asking all of you who: support us, who have adopted from us, and who care about the care and well-being of homeless animals, to consider making a donation of any amount, via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing a check to Heavenly Angels Animal Rescue, 97-14 Liberty Avenue, Ozone Park NY 11417. PLEASE HELP US CARRY ON OUR HARD WORK AND SAVE AS MANY LIVES AS POSSIBLE BY MAKING A DONATION...THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US AT HEAVENLY ANGELS.
- We offer low cost micro-chipping for $35 every Saturday and Sunday from 2-4 PM. So come get your pet microchipped at this low rate to ensure their safe returns to home.
- Thanks for all the support at our Grand Opening!
How Can You Continue to Help Us?
We are aware that not everyone could adopt one of our beloved's and bring them into their forever homes. There are other ways in which you, animal lovers can help us!
- Donate to us. Since we are a fairly new organization, we are requesting your help to help our animals in need! We have a wishlist set up on Amazon, and would like you to help us out by purchasing some of these items for us. Click here to see our Wishlist! You are also free to donate anything you would like to us. We and the animals are very grateful for any contribution you can make to us!
- Volunteer your time.Our hours of operation are: 2pm-6pm from Tuesday-Friday, 1pm-6pm on Saturday & Sunday, and we are closed to the public on Mondays. Come walk our dogs! Socialize with our cats! Our animals need to be cared for everyday around the clock, and it'd be helpful for others to get involved. We also hold adoption events which needs volunteers to help out. So click here to sign up with us to volunteer with our animals. Please notify us when you are available.
- Attend our events. Aside from holding adoption events, we hold fundraising events. It would be most helpful for our organization and animals if you and anyone else could come!
- Foster our animals. It is impossible to give a temporary safe haven to all the animals in need. We need responsible foster parents to take care of our animals temporarily until a forever home is found for them. If interested, please e-mail us and and arrangements can be made. But remember, it is still a responsibility of taking care of a pet!
- Become our fan on Facebook! Since we are a new rescue, we want people to notice us. And that can only happen with your help! The more people notice our page on yours, the more people will join and stay updated with our rescue! Remember, it starts with you.