We have rescued and re-homed over 2000 animals since July 2007. Please consider fostering...it is the most rewarding way to save a life!
Please visit our website at www.aarf-tn.com for more up to date news, or visit us on facebook!
New England Transport Available for all adoptable cats and dogs. Let us find you a perfect match for your family!
Donations and Foster Homes are needed...please give generously! Visit our website for details... www.aarf-tn.com
Need your pet fixed? Call the HUMANE SOCIETY OF PUTNAM COUNTY SPAY NEUTER CLINIC at (931) 372-2728 or visit their website at www.humanesocietyofputnamcounty.org or visit www.aarf-tn.com for more details. Financial Assistance may be available.
We require an approved application and interview, and a signed contract by both parties (Application available online at www.aarf-tn.com). In some cases, a home inspection is required. Our goal is to avoid any animal ending up in a high-kill shelter. All of our animals MUST be spayed or neutered before going to your home. Overpopulation and euthanasia will continue unless we all work together in an attempt to control it.
If you are interested in one of our animals, or are looking for a particular breed of animal, contact us! If we don't have what you're looking for, we'll help you find it. Of course we would LOVE it if you adopted through our organization, but more importantly, would love it if you adopted a homeless pet - no matter what group the animal is with.
Our organization is strictly not for profit. We are ALWAYS seeking donations to assist with out-of-the-ordinary veterinary expenses. DONATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC IS WHAT HAS KEPT OUR ORGANIZATION RUNNING!!!! THANK YOU to all of you who have donated in the past, and to anyone who would like to make a donation, please email us at email@example.com or call 931-260-8018. We also accept paypal donations by using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a group of concerned citizens who are out to make a difference in our communites by rescuing as many abandoned cats and dogs as possible in order to grant them the chance to live the lives they have been given. We wish to educate the public on the need for spay and neuter, humane care, and the unconditional love that these animals have to offer in exchange for offering them a safe haven in our homes and hearts.
WHAT WE DO FOR OUR RESCUES...
2) Heartworm tested
3) If Heartworm positive, we get the dog treated. If Heartworm negative, they immediately go on heartworm preventative.
4) Feline Leukemia/FIV tested negative in cats. If positive, every attempt is made to transfer cats to a rescue or home that specializes in either of these conditions. We are currently working on building a sactuary for these cats.
5) Treated for prevention of fleas/ticks/heartworm/mange/ear mites
6) Brought up to date with vaccinations, including rabies if old enough.
Booster shots given if no medical history is known.
7) A full veterinary examination at the time of spay/neuter surgery.
9) Other: ANY CONDITION THAT CAN BE TREATED IS TREATED IN OUR PROGRAM - INCLUDING PARVO. It costs more money in the end, but it proves our committment to the animals that we accept in our program.
All of our animals are in foster care homes throughout the upper cumberland. WE SERVICE ALL 14 COUNTIES IN THIS REGION. Some of our cats ready for adoption are housed at the PETCO feline habitat in Cookeville. If you would like to schedule a meeting, contact us and we can setup a time and place to meet, or you can visit us at PETCO in Jackson Plaza - Cookeville on selected Saturday's from NOON-5:00PM. Please contact us to make sure the pet you are interested will be attending our adoption event if you are driving a long distance.