We currently have no available dogs. We are taking a break for the winter to tidy up!! See you in the spring!
Siberian Shepherd Rescue
Our mission statement:
Siberian Shepherd Rescue is an all-volunteer, non-profit animal rescue organization. We are dedicated to saving the lives of homeless, abused and neglected dogs. We accept Siberian Husky, German Shepherd and any mix of either into our re-homing program.
Our goal is to provide the following:
* Rescue, foster care, veterinary care, and sterilization for animals in animal control shelters that would otherwise be euthanized.
* Assistance to other animal rescues and shelters needing to relocate rescued pets.
* Foster care for animals surrendered by their owners who either can no longer provide for the pets or no longer wish to have them in their homes.
* Adoption of rescued pets to qualified homes that have been properly screened and counseled by our adoption coordinators and foster parents to maintain the pet in the home for a lifetime.
Siberian Shepherd Rescue is a small rescue serving southeastern Wisconsin. We are ran by volunteers and foster homes. Our goal is to provide a safe, temporary home for incoming dogs until they find permanent ones. We accept primarily Siberian Husky and German Shepherd dogs and any mix of either.
What we do:
* Offer adoption services.
* Assist owner surrender of Siberian Husky and German Shepherd dogs.
* Work towards our goal of saving dogs' lives and reducing pet overpopulation.
* Educating the public in the importance of adoptions and sterilization of dogs.
Siberian Shepherd Rescue is a nonprofit organization and is completely dependent on donations and adoption fees to support its mission. We are applying for our 501c(3) organization status.
The Rescue is funded by donations and in part from the adoption fees charged for the dogs. These donations and adoption fees help to cover some of the costs associated with caring for the dogs.
Every dog that comes through the Rescue is checked over by a veterinarian. All dogs are also spayed or neutered before adoption.
Adopting a friend
Siberian Shepherd Rescue carefully screens each potential home to find the right family for each of our available dogs.
They all have different personalities, traits and needs. We carefully screen to make sure that the home we select for them can meet their needs, will be a good personality match and has a high probability of becoming their permanent home.
Every successful adoption begins with a completed Adoption Application . Please visit www.siberian-shepherdrescue.org to fill out an adoption application.
* After we receive the adoption application we will conduct a telephone interview, which will include many questions about your family, your lifestyle and your home. We will also ask you questions to be sure you understand your responsibilities and will be able to deal with any special needs the dog may have.
* If you rent, you are required to have written approval from your landlord, including your landlord's name, address and phone number.
* You will also be required to read and sign an adoption contract with Siberian Shepherd Rescue. We also reserve the right to conduct an inspection of the residence where said dog is to be kept.
* If necessary, you may be required to attend obedience training by an approved trainer or training club.
* If a dog cannot be altered (this determined by a licensed veterinarian) prior to adoption, you will be required to sign an agreement/contract.
While these guidelines may seem strict, we assure you that we have found them to be necessary in providing well balanced, permanent homes for each of our dogs.
By following these guidelines, we are able to create a smooth transition from foster care to forever care.
Siberian Shepherd Rescue P.O. Box 238