Would you like to make a donation to help the shelter animals?
~Canned dog and cat food
Who We Are
The Hanover County Animal Shelter is a 145-cage facility staffed by three full-time kennel attendants and one facility supervisor. The Shelter also has its own licensed surgical suite for the sterilization of animals housed in the facility that are available for adoption.
Please visit us at www.co.hanover.va.us/anmlctrl/adoptpet.htm
to learn more about Hanover County Animal Control.
Adopting a pet
A $50.00 adoption fee includes spay/neuter and the first set of vaccines.
1. Dogs and cats - $50.00
2. Poultry (chickens, ducks, geese, guinea hens, peacocks) - $10.00 or fair market value as determined by the Chief of Animal Control.
3. Exotic Pets – to be determined by the Chief of Animal Control
4. Small livestock (goats, lambs potbelly pig <100 lbs., etc.) - $50.00
5. Large Livestock >100 lbs. - $100 or fair market value as determined by the Chief of Animal Control.
6. Small Pets, including rabbits - $10.00 (Fee is $50.00 for rabbits sterilized at expense of Hanover County)
7. Exotics with proper approval.
Any exceptions to these fees must be approved by the Chief of Animal Control.
Approved Animal Placement Agencies will pay a $50.00 adoption fee for an animal that has either not been sterilized or has been sterilized at our expense. If the animal has been sterilized, not at our expense, the adoption fee is $10.00.
Come Visit Us!
Hanover County Animal Control
12471 Taylor Complex Lane
Ashland, VA 23005
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]