"Serving Austin, San Antonio, and the surrounding areas" Austin Boxer Rescue is a newly formed organization that branched off from Lone Star Boxer Rescue of Houston. ABR is made up entirely of volunteers who are dedicated to removing dogs from bad situations and placing them into loving permanent homes. We receive dogs from shelters, owners, and dogs found as strays. The dogs in rescue are rehabilitated medically, socialized and are taught basic manners.For more information on our organization please visit our website at
In our second year of operation, from December 2005 to December 2007, Austin Boxer Rescue has saved over 450 dogs! This is an incredible accomplishment and we are so proud of the group of people who have volunteered their precious time. We would not have been as successful without the help of each and every member of the organization. We also attribute our success to those kind and gracious people who have sacrificed buying themselves something nice to give a donation to the homeless boxers in the Central Texas area. Without their financial help, we would not have been able to accept so many boxers into the program. We are looking forward to a new year filled with even more boxers that we are able to rehabilitate and re-home.
Again we want to thank the caring generous folks of Austin and the surrounding South Central Texas area for your dontatins and support!
Austin Boxer Rescue is in need of foster homes in the Austin, San Antonio, and surrounding areas. Foster homes allow us time to evaluate dogs fully, work on basic obedience, crate and housetraining, and help acclimate Boxers to their future homes. As a foster we will find a dog that best meets you personal situation, wether it be kids, cats, other dogs, etc. We will only place a dog that you are comfortable with for the timeline you specify. Austin Boxer Rescue will cover any medical needs, we simply ask that you cover the basics of food and toys. Foster homes are vital to Recue, it allows us to learn more about the dogs, provide them stable enviroments until they are adopted, and allows for us to accept more dogs into the rescue. If you can help us please visit our site and click on ways to help to learn more.
Austin Boxer Rescue serves Austin and the surrounding areas of Central Texas. Austin Boxer Rescue will accept applications outside of Texas and those will be reviewed on a case by case basis. The Process to adopt a dog through Austin Boxer Rescue is as follows:
1. Fill out an Online Adoption Application on our website
2. Your application will be reviewed and sent to a volunteer in your area. The volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit within one week. There is a $25.00 fee for a volunteer to come to your house for a home visit. This fee is non-refundable, but will be applied to the adoption fee when the adoption is finalized.
3. After your home visit is complete and you are approved you can begin meeting dogs. The person who met with you during your home visit will assist you in this process.
Email questions about the adoption process to email@example.com
Adoption Prices are as follows:
Boxer $250 (adult) $300 (puppy)
Boxer Mix $150
Senior Dogs (5 years and older) are $150 to adopt
Every dog adopted will have the following:
1. Current on vaccinations
2. Spayed or neutered
3. Will be micro chipped
4. Will be treated for heartworms and/or on heartworm prevention
5. Any additional medical problems will be treated and paid for by the rescue. (Once a dog has been adopted any new medical problems that arise are the responsibility of the new owner)