We are not able to take any more owner-surrendered Rottweilers into our program until we have more fosters. If you'd like to foster for us, please complete our Foster Application.
FACEBOOK: There are several Rottweiler puppies/dogs listed on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garcia-Rottie-Rescue-Urgent-Adoptions/578641928920425?ref=hl) that are at risk of losing their lives within three days. We do not receive an adoption fee for any of these puppies/dogs; we are only interested in helping them escape euthanasia due to overcrowding issues at the shelter. When you visit, please "like" our page.
PLEASE E-MAIL THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION TO THE E-MAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED OR FAX IT TO THE NUMBER LISTED
GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE
Helen Garcia, President
ADOPTION APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT
We are an all-volunteer organization; therefore, review of your application will take approximately 10 days - please be patient during this time. All animals that are listed for adoption have been fully vetted (vaccinations are current, including rabies; flea preventative; micro-chipped; heart worm checked and on preventative, or if positive - come with a year's supply of bi-monthly treatment medication; docked tail and dewclaws removed on most dogs; and, spayed or neutered) and have an adoption fee attached.
GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE is devoted to saving the unwanted Rottweiler, vetting and finding a home for it. They are a misunderstood breed just as the pit bulls. Rottweilers only want to be loved; they are a very loyal, devoted pet. Adopt a Rottweiler also known as a "Rottie".
WE ARE A FOSTER-BASED ORGANIZATION. ALL OUR ANIMALS ARE KEPT IN HOMES THROUGHOUT TEXAS. IF YOU'D LIKE TO HELP US SAVE MORE ROTTWEILERS, CONSIDER BECOMING A FOSTER FOR US.
GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE
Helen Garcia, President
FOSTER APPLICATION AND CONTRACT
I/we ___________________________________________________ (name(s)) residing at ________________________________ (address) in ________________________________ (city/zip code) can be reached at _____________________________ (cell phone number) and ________________________ (e-mail address) fully understand that I/we agree to act as a Foster Home for GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE. There are _____ animals currently residing in my home of which _____ are spayed/neutered. My current vet is _____________________ (name) and is located at _____________________________ (street address) in ______________________________ (city).
The following conditions apply to fostering GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE DOGS while in my care and in my home:
1. The animal(s) will reside only in the house of the foster and must be inside when foster is not home. The animal(s) will be outside in a fenced yard only when the foster can supervise the animal(s). The animal(s) will remain the property of GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE and will be surrendered to an officer or liaison of GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE immediately on request.
2. The animal(s) will be fed, watered and exercised appropriately on-lead, and off-lead only when in a secure kennel or fenced yard. Prong collars and choke collars are to be used only while walking or training the animal(s). The foster home will not be compensated for expenses incurred in the normal daily care of the animal(s).
3. Veterinary care will be provided by GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE. This includes vaccinations, monthly heart worm and flea preventatives, heart worm testing, spaying/neutering and any prescription medications necessary for the dog. Any expenditures incurred by the foster family other than emergency care and treatment require prior approval before GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE will reimburse. The foster family will be held responsible for unapproved expenditures. The foster family will also be held responsible for any expenses incurred on behalf of the animal(s) that resulted directly from the foster family's negligence.
4. The animal(s) is/are to be adopted to its permanent home only under the supervision of GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE to a family approved by GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE. Adoptive families may be contacted by the foster family to inquire about the animal(s), however, adoptive families are allowed respect and privacy. Excessively casual or excessively aggressive contacts with potential and actual adoptive families are not desirable.
5. Any questions or problems are to be directed to HELEN GARCIA (firstname.lastname@example.org). If there is a need to remove the animal(s) from the foster home, the animal(s) is/are to be given directly to a GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE liaison.
6. The foster family accepts responsibility for any and all events that occur in connection with the fostering of a GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE animal(s). The foster family agrees to release GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE from any and all claims, known and unknown, now or hereafter, arising in connection with the animal(s).
7. GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE will provide a crate and recommends that the foster family utilize the crate during feeding, overnight and any time the animal is unsupervised.
8. I, either own my home or have my Landlord's Written Consent to bring a Rottweiler onto their property.
9. I have _____ (number) years of Rottweiler experience.
GARCIA ROTTIE RESCUE'S REPRESENTATIVE