Dogs Deserve Better is a nonprofit organization dedicated to freeing the chained dog, and bringing our 'best friend' into the home and family.
We are a chained dog and penned dog education, legislation, and rescue 501c3 nonprofit group. We are now based in VA where we are building the Good Newz Rehab Center for Chained and Penned Dogs at the site where Vick formerly had the Bad Newz Kennels, and we also have volunteers with rehabbed dogs all over the country. We are working to change laws and educate society that it's not OK to chain or pen your dog. Dogs long to be part of the family, they are not lawn ornaments, they are living beings deserving of love and respect. Please consider adopting a chained dog today.
Please consider adopting a rescued chained/penned dog...they have so much love to give, have had a bad deal in life up til now, and just need a chance at a family and a loving home.
For the latest news articles covering chained dogs and Dogs Deserve Better, please check our website.
If you'd like to adopt one of our dogs, please fill out the adoption form at http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/adopt.html. Adoption donations will vary depending on the situation, we must ask for a donation to help cover the cost of vaccines, testing for parasites and spay/neuter and, it shows us your commitment to our friends.
Where do your strengths lie? Do you have a passion for helping these dogs? Do you have a dog in your community living this way, and need to do something about it? Let us know what you'd like to do to help.
Here are some concrete ways to make a difference TODAY:
1. Become an area rep. This requires diligence and a real desire to make a difference. Not for the faint of heart.
2. Get brochures and put them out in your area, vets offices, restaurants, travel plazas.
3. Work to change laws. Very important!
4. Buy (very inexpensive!) and hang our 11x17 posters in your area. They will hold up well in the outdoors, in the rain and snow as they are high quality press run.
5. Get donations or negotiate a free billboard in your local area with our 2004 billboard design.
6. Print out one of our.pdf flyers and hang them all around your town, grocery stores, laundromats, telephone poles (although in most cases, unless laminated, will not hold up well outside).