Powell Animal Welfare Society
Lend a Hand!
Volunteers put in time socializing, grooming, transporting and showing rescued dogs. It's FUN, the dogs love it and you will too!
Money works too! Volunteers donate money, pet care supplies and crafts for sale.
In Foster Parents We Trust.
Not everyone can make the commitment to owning a dog. Fostering dogs until we find their forever home helps to socialize them and also frees up space in our kennels for more great dogs.
There Goes the Neighborhood.
We would like to attend every neighborhood fair, church bazaar and community event. Over 10 percent of all our adoptions occur off-site. With more volunteers, more events can be attended and more people see what great dogs are available!
We are an all foster home based rescue. We do not operate out of a kennel or shelter. Our rescues are in temporary homes where they are learning good doggie manners while they wait for their new families to find them. We post pictures of our animals on the web at www.petfinder.com We will work with you to find a time to meet one of our special animals.
Do As I Do.
Thanks to low cost services from local vets, all dogs and 8 wk old puppies go home spayed/neutered, vaccinated including rabies vaccination(if over 6 mo.), microchipped, heartworm tested if over 6 mo., on heart worm prevention and wormed a value of over 500.00. You get all that for an adoption fee of 200.00.
Who We Are
Every humane organization dreams of the day when cruelty to animals can be reduced to the point of elimination and the killing of homeless animals will have ended. The Powell Animal Welfare Society (P.A.W.S.) was formed to help bring this dream to reality. Those of us involved in P.A.W.S. believe that many people are unaware of the wonderful animals available through local shelters. As a non-profit organization we are funded only through donations and adoption fees. We once were under the name Poundhounds Adoption Welfare Society. Donations can be made through paypal to: www.powellpaws.org.
Adopting a friend
- You must be 21 years of age.
- You must be willing to make a ten- to twenty-year commitment to the dog.
- We do not adopt out of the state of Ohio.
- We do not adopt out dogs as gifts.
- All dogs will be INDOOR companions. You must have a secure fenced yard or be committed to multiple daily leash walks in all kinds of weather (snow, heat, ice, rain, etc.)
- If you are living in a rental property you must provide written proof of landlord approval and payment of any pet deposit.
- All current pets in the household MUST be spayed/neutered and current on all shots. Veterinarian references are verified.
- Our adoption contract legally binds you to provide the dog with proper veterinary care, including a yearly wellness exam, up-to-date required vaccinations and emergency care if necessary. You will also keep the dog on monthly heartworm prevention.
- Our adoption process intentionally takes several steps and cannot be completed in one day. Expect this process to take 1-2 weeks from the time you submit an application to the time the dog will be in your home.
-We reserve the right to deny an application without explanation.
Come Visit Us!
While all of our available dogs are in foster homes around Central Ohio, they can be seen by appointment. Our Adoption process requires a home visit so we prefer to adopt within central ohio. Please call today to schedule a time to come and meet your new best friend.
Powell Animal Welfare Society
PO Box 211
Powell, OH 43065
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]