not because of those who do evil,
but because of those who look on and do nothing."
Ozzy & Sharon are a super brother and sister pair who need to be adopted together. Both are easy going and get along fine with cats and dogs. Sharon is a little love bug; Ozzy needs a little time to get to know you, but once he does, he's your loverboy!
Ten Commandments for a Responsible Pet Owner
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainments but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand and yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.
10. On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your companions. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful thing without God's critters. Please pass this on to other pet owners.
We do not have to wait for heaven to be surrounded by hope, love and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four feet.
Buddy and his sister Fluffy Bunny are 2 of the cutest, sweetest kitties you'll ever want to meet. They are about a year old and fully vetted. Buddy is VERY affectionate, loves to sleep on your lap (and right next to you in bed). Fluffy Bunny is a little more cautious but loves to be petted, and sleep at your feet. Both have the sweetest little "chirp" and LOVE to play with the laser pointer! These kitties are looking for a home together.
1)One of a Kind Spay/Neuter Clinic ~ 330-865-6890 ~ www.oneofakindpets.org ~ cats, dogs, kittens, and puppies (or ask us about our transport clinics from Canton to Akron)
2) Animal Protection Guild (A.P.G.) ~ 330-649-0443 ~ Male and female cats ~ Stark County
3) Spay Neuter Ohio ~ www.spayneuterohio.com
4) Angels for Animals ~ 330-549-1111 ~ www.angelsforanimals.org ~ Canfield
Woozez Animal Rescue is small but mighty group of volunteers who are dedicated to helping the animals in our community...by rescuing, fostering, and adopting abandoned animals, educating the public about animal causes and pet care, hosting low cost spay/neuter transport clinics from our resale store Not Too Tabby, and helping with TNR feral cat projects (thanks to One of a Kind Pets in Akron)! Your donations are always appreciated to keep us up and running!
We focus on rehoming abandoned animals and cutting down on the over-population of animals by:
Dumping an animal is against the law. If you ever witness an animal being dumped, get involved! Record the license plate and try to get a description of the car and the driver. Do it in honor of the animals who weren't so lucky...
Click here to see our Happy Tails!